No Invites Yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Banana Hammock

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How about a thread for those, like myself, who are good applicants, applied early, and have not heard a word yet. Everyone tells me that the "Biggies" wait until Dean's Letters are received to make offers for interviews. What are people's thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, you are not alone.

I sent out 24 applications and so far only one has offered an interview.

My Board average is in the high 80s.

Do PDs tell you if your application is not successful? I thought this is part of the courtesy.

Did you apply to any "saftey" schools? They invite early. Top notch programs usually wait until the Dean's letter is in.

Members don't see this ad :)
By "safety" I thought you mean the community ones. Ya, that is the only one that has offered an interview.

But seriously, how far can I go with a Board average in high 80s for IM ?
Temple? U of Rochester?

Does anyone have any ideas?

don't worry-it's still early for interviews from top tier programs. they don't even review applications until beginning of Nov. if you haven't heard by mid-Nov, then that may be starting to get late.

Yea, I'm getting a little antsy. I heard from a couple of places that I wouldn't mind going. But I haven't heard much from the really big fish. I only worry because I know that Med-Peds and Peds from some of the same programs have already been sending out stuff. Nov 1st just needs to get here so we can get this over wit.:mad: Plus I want to watch some basketball.