(No) Love for Emory?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VCMM414

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Searching previous threads in this forum, I find that Emory is generally not as highly regarded as some other comparable schools (Northwestern, Mt. Sinai, UPitt, etc.). For starters, there is not an "Official Countdown" thread devoted to Emory, nor is it most applicants' #1 choice (whereas the three schools mentioned above are frequent 1st choices). Is there any reason to this lack of love for Emory? Anything about the school that is keeping people away? I am currently considering Emory, and I thought it is a very good school when I visited. Just wondering if I missed anything.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

There is no countdown thread because Emory has rolling admissions. Personally, I loved Emory, and it's probably my top choice over Northwestern, though I'd be happy at either place.

Wrigley

Oh yea... I totally overlooked Emory's rolling process. Wrigley, mind if you share what you loved about Emory?

Members don't see this ad :)
Emory is a great school. You have the CDC, Grady, ACS, Yerkes... A new building pops up on campus every year because they have SO much money. (I went to undergrad there for free.) They change the flowers on campus like once a week. Also, Atlanta is a fun town. I think people may look at it differently because it is a southern school. I wouldn't let that sway your decision.