no love from california club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

striped sweater

That's the kind.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious. who (from california) has not heard a peep (as in an interview) from california? how long has it been? (and if you don't mind posting stats...)

Members don't see this ad.

Well, rejected from UCD, not a thing from USC, UCI, UCLA, Stanford, although my status thingy at UCI says on hold for an interview, but nobody has contacted me and told me that.

Striped Sweater, what happened to the Spongebob avatar? The fishy one?

I got no love from UCSF, UCLA, USC, and Loma Linda. I really don't want to post my stats since it is far below average by SDN standard. I have been complete at USC and Loma Linda since mid-August.

Members don't see this ad :)
On hold at UCI

Rejected from UCSF

Not a thing from UCLA

Turned in my secondary and haven't heard anything else from UCSD or UCD.

This sucks

On hold for a bunch of UCs. Stats mean nothing, nothing!

DrYo12 said:
Striped Sweater, what happened to the Spongebob avatar? The fishy one?

aw, mannnnn!!! I don't knowwwwwwwww!!!! I was playing around with avatars and switched it out and then wanted it back but now I can't find it!!!!!! (which is sad, too, 'cause i had to make that striped sweater myself!!! :laugh: :laugh:

it may be on another computer. otherwise i will have to make a new one.

WOOHOOO.... just found it in the trash (mac trash, that is!) glad it wasn't emptied. :rolleyes:

lakersfan said:
same here, no uc's yet :(

UC's are definitely not respecting us like when we were applying to their undergraduate schools with sky rocket GPA's... :(

CharlieVN said:
UC's are definitely not respecting us like when we were applying to their undergraduate schools with sky rocket GPA's... :(

rejected from UCD(post-sec), UCSF(pre-sec)

on hold for intv at UCI

nothing heard from USC after secondary

Absolutely nothing from UCLA and UCSD

cali sucks!

mzafaran said:
rejected from UCD(post-sec), UCSF(pre-sec)

on hold for intv at UCI

nothing heard from USC after secondary

Absolutely nothing from UCLA and UCSD

cali sucks!

Hold UCI
Hold UCSD
Nuthin UCD, UCLA
Complete USC

Thank god for schools outside of cali.

All my schools theoretically got my LORs on 10/12

I was complete at the UC's (UCI, UCSD, UCD, UCLA) on 10/12 (LORs got sent late), so i don't expect to hear from them for another month or so.

Rejected from UCSF Pre-secondary

USC finally acknowledged receipt of my LORs sometime last week and I got an interview invite yesterday!

Still debating whether or not to do Loma Linda's secondary.

Stanford STILL hasn't acknowledged receipt of my LORs.

I need some CA love...

can someone help me explain this...i dont wanna leave cali!!

UCD: rejected post-sec
UCSF: rejected pre-sec (ill accept this one)
UCSD: on hold for interview
UCI: on hold for interview
UCLA: complete for over 2 months with no word
USC: complete for 2 months with no word
Stanford: complete for 2 months with no word

but...

Baylor: accepted a couple weeks ago
Columbia: interview scheduled
Duke: interview scheduled

does this make any sense???

dvd200e said:
can someone help me explain this...i dont wanna leave cali!!

UCD: rejected post-sec
UCSF: rejected pre-sec (ill accept this one)
UCSD: on hold for interview
UCI: on hold for interview
UCLA: complete for over 2 months with no word
USC: complete for 2 months with no word
Stanford: complete for 2 months with no word

but...

Baylor: accepted a couple weeks ago
Columbia: interview scheduled
Duke: interview scheduled

does this make any sense???

Congrats on your acceptance! Don't worry, we're all in the same boat...I've got 6 interviews and none are from CA, so I have to hold out hope that I'm getting the East Coast ones out of the way before the weather gets crappy and its much harder to visit...the CA ones will come when its sunny but cold, right?

Hang in there everyone!!

DrYo,

I think you are right! See you there in the spring! :laugh:

striped sweater said:
aw, mannnnn!!! I don't knowwwwwwwww!!!! I was playing around with avatars and switched it out and then wanted it back but now I can't find it!!!!!! (which is sad, too, 'cause i had to make that striped sweater myself!!! :laugh: :laugh:

it may be on another computer. otherwise i will have to make a new one.

WOOHOOO.... just found it in the trash (mac trash, that is!) glad it wasn't emptied. :rolleyes:
Yay stripey! Glad your avatar is back. I'm not the only Spongebob fan around here...

Can anyone tell me how long it was between when UCSF received your AMCAS app and when you were rejected? Also, did the letter come in the mail? They have had my AMCAS for a while now, and I have not heard anything at all...

Thanks,
Emily

it took USCF about 2 months to reject me after receiving my AMCAS. hope that helps...

by the way, yes it came by snail mail

rejected from UCSF pre-sec, on hold at UCI, still waiting to recieve sec from UCSD, filled out UCD, UCLA, USC, and Stanford.

Stats, 3.8 GPA, 3.69 Science, 28MCAT, but 24 first time

AMCAS complete in early August

Hope this helps

Haven't heard a thing (no secondaries either) from UCSD, UCI, UCD, and UCLA.

Completed secondary for UCSF in mid-September, and haven't heard anything since.

Still waiting on an LOR for Stanford, but that will be complete after that (hopefully in the next week or so).

My status pages haven't changed, no emails, and no snail mail. My stats are linked below. Do they burn applications without telling the applicants?