no MCAT required

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donnamarie christie

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any medical schools that do not require the MCAT. As a 32 year old clinical Pharmacist, this would be of great help to me!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think a few schools don't require it. Johns Hopkins I think is one of them. You have to submit something else like GRE, SATs, etc.

Originally posted by Test Boy:
I think a few schools don't require it. Johns Hopkins I think is one of them. You have to submit something else like GRE, SATs, etc.

This used to be true of Johns Hopkins but no longer. Refer to their website:
www.med.jhu.edu/admissions

for specifics.

Yer

Members don't see this ad :)
I seem to recall one other school besides Hopkins not requiring MCATs. Maybe Pritzer??
After that the only other schools are all in the Carribean/Central America. Sorry.

Don't be scared of taking the MCAT. It would make your life a lot easier to set aside time, study, and then take the test. I would venture to guess that any U.S. school that didn't require the MCAT does so because they have extraordinarily high requirements in other parts of your application (that is, provided they are standard 4 year schools, not combined BS/MD programs like at Brown). I had been out of school for almost 9 years when I set aside 6 months to study for the MCAT. It's not as bad as it sounds. I got the Kaplan book to review all the topics that would be on the test and did a number of practice tests. After long I felt confident to take the test and did well enough to be starting school this fall.

Best of luck,

Geo

[This message has been edited by GeoLeoX (edited 07-13-2000).]

I would bite the bullet and take MCATs. University of Rochester used to not require MCATs but I think that changed. Also on a hunch you might look for some schools in texas, but it is just a hunch.

i am fairly confident that pritzker requires the MCAT. i did not know that hopkins had changed its policy- however, as was stated before, no MCAT at hopkins probably meant that you needed to have an outstanding application in terms of GPA, extra-curriculars, etc.

All of the Texas MD schools require MCAT.

The MCAT is required for all medical schools now! The year I started Hopkins, they didn't require the MCAT's. However, one was required to submit all college transcripts, all high school transcripts, SAT's (all of them)! This is still the process at Hopkins but now they require MCAT's.