NO money, NO honey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TOKOY90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am sitting on a fence of a major decision moment in my life with my BSc and MA. To make a long story short, a Canadian from ON with multiple DO acceptances who has hard time to get loans in Canada and have the necessary $280 grands available in the assets in order to get financial clearance from the school. Although I still have time till Jun 01st, my opportunities are getting scarce. To make a long story short, I want to be a physician in the end of the day.
1st Q) Any ideas on how to raise the necessary funds? How to circumvent the issue?
2nd Q) What should I do next?
a....US military? Even though there is a slim chance of getting into US military as a non-US citizen, after reading the threads on SDN, seems like an extremely unwelcoming opportunity with a great number of downsides
b....for Canadian MD, I would have to retake the new MCAT and apply (for some of the schools I am in the competitive range, but there is a high likelihood of not being accepted) + 1year "wasted" .
c....Caribbean MD, Polish MD? Only 50% at best get the residency, and with all the new schools in US the prospect is not too bright. Any advocates for this plan? I believe the deadline is not there yet, and I may get in if apply soon enough...
d....PhD and then medical school? I would rather not do PhD if I don't have to, since it's 5-6 years, but seems like all the deadlines for good PhD programs are already in the past
e....Just keep working to collect $$ and then apply med?

Any advice is strongly appreciated,

Thanks and have fun with your life

Members don't see this ad.

Don't go Caribbean under any circumstances. PhD followed by medical school will in no way exempt you from paying med school tuition later on.
What's the tuition at the most affordable school that accepted you?

You have to be a citizen in order to be an officer in the US military. Sorry. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you going to either CCOM or AZCOM? Only those two schools specifically require students to have all 4-year tuition in their bank before matriculation. Usually Canadians fund their education with primarily private loan from Canadian banks (co-signer required) and provincial student loan (OSAP in Ontario). Post your questions in Premed101 to get more responses.

Reactions: 1 user
The most affordable school is KCU which requires to show them $280k available in the assets before matriculation into the program, while the payments themselves are on the annual basis for international students.