No more alpha dog...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
- deleted due to requests from too sensitive individuals :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This kind of post and ego need to stay back in the premed forum. No one here cares whether you can't be a pretentious alpha dog or that 94% isn't good enough. *Roll eyes*

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hear they are looking for uber drivers...

Reactions: 1 users
Don't crash and burn homie.

I could care less what my classmates score on their exams or how I fare compared to them.

The safest thing is to know everything cause this stuff will be on boards and I'm stuck in the belief that if I work hard these next two years, that HOPEFULLY should translate well to board scores.

You got in to med school... you can chill out about competition for now bro. lol

Reactions: 2 users
Ok guys, don't cry, I got your point :)

or maybe you are too sensitive that you didn't get 100%?
lol 94% is good enough for me, you have wrong impression of me as perfectionist - I'm not. I'm more like doing same job/exam in half time and still scoring A. For me it matters, because it shows that you can process same task way faster than you classmates can. I understand that boards matter more and blah, blah, blah. I'm not saying you or Joe have to be fast. We are all different. All I was saying (until mommy boys and girls couldn't tolerate my opinion and I removed it to keep their sanity intact) is that your average Joe in medschool is high-end average as opposed to undergard. Since margin of error between me and Joe is smaller. Which is good for Joe. And if you don't like what I'm saying - get used to it. You guys might have someone at workplace 10 times worse than me ;)

Last edited:
lol 94% is good enough for me, you have wrong impression of me as perfectionist - I'm not. I'm more like doing same job/exam in half time and still scoring A. For me it matters, because it shows that you can process same task way faster than you classmates can. I understand that boards matter more and blah, blah, blah. I'm not saying you or Joe have to be fast. We are all different. All I was saying (until mommy boys and girls couldn't tolerate my opinion and I removed it to keep their sanity intact) is that your average Joe in medschool is high-end average as opposed to undergard. Since margin of error between me and Joe is smaller. Which is good for Joe. And if you don't like what I'm saying - get used to it. You guys might have someone at workplace 10 times worse than me ;)

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. And since you edited you original post, I can't quite understand your point.
So you are "not happy" (essentially) that your score is better but too close to the average right?
I am going to assume you are ms/oms1.
Sure, I'd like to have better scores than the average, who doesn't (many don't but I don't mind getting better scores)
But you are comparing your 94% to a 89%... get over it.
Not only should the average be high in medical school (those who brought the average down in your undergrad have been weeded out through multiple processes) but you are probably learning cell, biochem, and/or intro anatomy at this point (again, assuming you are 1st year). Those materials are "easier" considering many people have learned it in undergrad. So, naturally, the average should be high.
Give it time and wait until you take more quizzes and exams. There will be days you will do much better than the average but there will also be days when you do average or below. Not just because materials get harder but life happens (hopefully so you won't be as arrogant as you are now).
I don't have a problem with you. Keep at it. Keep doing well in school.

But do realize, you were never an alpha dog (trust me, you wouldn't be here if you "alpha" dog. You'd more likely be at Hopkins with full scholarship and PDs already calling you for spots in their residency programs). None of us were or will be.

IMHO, try to fix your "alpha" dog mindset and try to be more humble(?).
Good job on your exam though.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. And since you edited you original post, I can't quite understand your point.
So you are "not happy" (essentially) that your score is better but too close to the average right?
I am going to assume you are ms/oms1.
Sure, I'd like to have better scores than the average, who doesn't (many don't but I don't mind getting better scores)
But you are comparing your 94% to a 89%... get over it.
Not only should the average be high in medical school (those who brought the average down in your undergrad have been weeded out through multiple processes) but you are probably learning cell, biochem, and/or intro anatomy at this point (again, assuming you are 1st year). Those materials are "easier" considering many people have learned it in undergrad. So, naturally, the average should be high.
Give it time and wait until you take more quizzes and exams. There will be days you will do much better than the average but there will also be days when you do average or below. Not just because materials get harder but life happens (hopefully so you won't be as arrogant as you are now).
I don't have a problem with you. Keep at it. Keep doing well in school.

But do realize, you were never an alpha dog (trust me, you wouldn't be here if you "alpha" dog. You'd more likely be at Hopkins with full scholarship and PDs already calling you for spots in their residency programs). None of us were or will be.

IMHO, try to fix your "alpha" dog mindset and try to be more humble(?).
Good job on your exam though.
Amen to that!

P.S. I'm only here, because I'm foucking international student and getting acceptance to Ivy League was a matter of huge list of things accomplished that I don't have, due to various reasons (like war in my country). If I was born here and if I was a native speaker (that crippling translating thing I have to do in my mind everytime I read or say something) oh boy... but it is how it is, you are right, no alpha per se

Amen to that!

P.S. I'm only here, because I'm foucking international student and getting acceptance to Ivy League was a matter of huge list of things accomplished that I don't have, due to various reasons (like war in my country). If I was born here and if I was a native speaker (that crippling translating thing I have to do in my mind everytime I read or say something) oh boy... but it is how it is, you are right, no alpha per se
again... be a little less arrogant...

Reactions: 3 users