no more interview offers for these schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdgforever

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
non-traditional
PS 11 V 8 BS 10 Writing K (29K)
BCPM 3.72
AO 3.63
Total 3.66

sent secondaries to ..(throughout mid Nov and early Dec.)
New York Medical College
Columbia University
Drexel University
Howard University
Albert Einstein
Johns Hopkins University
University of Michigan
Rosalind Franklin University
Albany Medical College
The University of Toledo
Meharry Medical College
Morehouse School of Medicine
Wake Forest University
East Tennessee State University
Tufts University
UCLA
Oregon Health and Science University

I haven't heard anything from above schools yet,,,,
Does that mean that I got rejected?

T.T

Members don't see this ad.

When were u complete at these schools?

Your writing score is likely the issue...and if you applied late even moreso...I know the writing score is not a major componenet, but anything less than an M raises some eyebrows

Members don't see this ad :)
Your writing score is likely the issue...and if you applied late even moreso...I know the writing score is not a major componenet, but anything less than an M raises some eyebrows

I couldn't believe my ears when my O came up on an interview! I never thought an O would be an issue.

(sdgforever: I'm in your shoes with some of the above schools. I'll definitely let you know if I get an interview :thumbup:.)

Should I retake MCAT and apply early next year?
Timed writing exam is my weakest.

I couldn't believe my ears when my O came up on an interview! I never thought an O would be an issue.

(sdgforever: I'm in your shoes with some of the above schools. I'll definitely let you know if I get an interview :thumbup:.)

Thanks...Best luck to you

I know for a fact that UMich has stopped giving interviews. I'm assuming these are schools who haven't given you interviews (if you've interviewed, recall some schools are non-rolling and haven't given out decision yet). Otherwise, this late in the season, it's definitely not looking good as the application season is pretty much winding down. I'm not saying there aren't any interview invites still going out, but if you if you haven't gotten a secondary or an interview, I would start considering your plan B. Hope for the best (it's not a rejection until you have the letter in your hand), but always plan for the worst.

I was told by Tufts that I would be receiving an interview yesterday. I completed very late. Hope that helps...

I'm in the same boat - I applied to six of the schools you listed and a few more at around the same time as you, and the only thing I've heard is a rejection from George Washington. As of last week, Columbia was still sending out invites. Good luck!

New York Medical College
Columbia University - according to a current student from another thread, they have 2 interview dates left - feb 16 and feb 22, so if there are any more invites, they must be going quick
Drexel University
Howard University
Albert Einstein
Johns Hopkins University
University of Michigan - their admissions tracker on the website says that all 800 interviews have been offered
Rosalind Franklin University - another thread said that though they will be interviewing in the coming months, they're pretty much done inviting people
Albany Medical College
The University of Toledo
Meharry Medical College
Morehouse School of Medicine
Wake Forest University
East Tennessee State University
Tufts University
UCLA
Oregon Health and Science University

I got an O, and was really suprised when it came up in an interview as well.....

I got an O, and was really suprised when it came up in an interview as well.....

I definitely got asked the same thing, and my response was, "I guess one section had to suffer from not getting any sleep for 3 days leading into the test." He laughed sarcastically at my response.

I definitely got asked the same thing, and my response was, "I guess one section had to suffer from not getting any sleep for 3 days leading into the test." He laughed sarcastically at my response.

^^