No more invites before Xmas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UAAWolf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can we expect no more invites til after Xmas? Also does anyone have an idea how long admissions will be closed? I know at my school we get 4 weeks off so I wonder if admissions will be off that long too :scared:

Either way, Merry Xmas!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got one yesterday. Not much changed since then, so don't give up hope for a nice present.

I got one late last week. Doubt I'll see another with a week before Christmas though. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one last week, scheduled for January. So far my interview invites have leant me the freedom to pick my own date though.

Yeah I got 2 last week myself. I was just thinking the adcoms have to take SOME vacation lol

I bet tomorrow will be the last day any possible invites will come out until after Christmas.

We'll see though.

and when will they return? Like the OP said will we have to wait like 2-3 weeks or do you guys think everyone will be back at work 12/28?

and when will they return? Like the OP said will we have to wait like 2-3 weeks or do you guys think everyone will be back at work 12/28?

Yeah...cause my undergrad campus is going to be a ghost town from next monday til Jan 11...

probably depends on the schools but i would guess some will have interviews as soon as the med students get back (i dunno if that's the same as undergrads or not).

Some schools start interviewing back up first week of Jan. Got an invite few days ago for Jan 5.

Just as a bit of an update, I got an invite today(Dec. 21).

Just as a bit of an update, I got an invite today(Dec. 21).

congrats! It's been essentially silent for me since early October, and since two interviews, I've been on hold at one place and am fearing a waitlist/rejection notification at the other :( Basically, this holiday season is looking to be pretty gloomy, and I'm starting to wonder about the likelihood of picking up any more interviews from the remaining eight or so on my list that have been silent.

umm i got a letter today placing me on hold if that counts :(

I wouldn't say that...Stanford invite this morning @ 7:00 a.m.!

They had many dates available in January. My interview is on Jan. 29th.

I was invited today (12/22) for a Feb 3rd interview.

It seems many schools will work down to the edge of holidays. I can't confirm this, but I'd assume many schools will resume the reviewing process shortly after New Year's. Since some schools have winter sessions, many people will start working again as soon as the holidays are over. Just because most students have a break doesn't mean everyone does, so worry not. You may get an invite in early January.