• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

temmie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
FOR THOSE REJECTED FROM STANFORD, ARE YOU AUGUST OR APRIL MCAT TAKERS. i was just wondering since i have not heard anything from them. i am an august mcat taker. Thanks guys and i really do sympathize with you. If my dad was the admissions officer, y'all can get in without mcat.

temmie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
temmie said:
FOR THOSE REJECTED FROM STANFORD, ARE YOU AUGUST OR APRIL MCAT TAKERS. i was just wondering since i have not heard anything from them. i am an august mcat taker. Thanks guys and i really do sympathize with you. If my dad was the admissions officer, y'all can get in without mcat.
anyone?

NapeSpikes

Believe, hon.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2004
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
August mcater. I was complete except for scores in September, rejected via snail mail last week.

About the Ads

doublepeak

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2005
Status
NapeSpikes said:
August mcater. I was complete except for scores in September, rejected via snail mail last week.
I have still not heard anything and I took the April MCAT and was complete with them in late August. On their website it says that they don't even START sending interview invites until late Oct./Nov., so I am assuming they are just relatively slow. Anyone can confirm?

kaffy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
doublepeak said:
I have still not heard anything and I took the April MCAT and was complete with them in late August. On their website it says that they don't even START sending interview invites until late Oct./Nov., so I am assuming they are just relatively slow. Anyone can confirm?
I have heard the same thing.

TheMightyAngus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I just received the rejection 3 months after being complete. If that alone wasn't enough, they had the nerve to call requesting donations on the same day.

As someone said before. Stanford is just like school in the summer.....no class!!!

MCYan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
doublepeak said:
Same here

kalenakai

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Just sit tight if you haven't heard from Stanford yet. I'm an April MCAT test taker, and haven't had any updates on my status yet (been complete since early Sept). Like others have mentioned, Stanford is essentially non-rolling, so be patient. And be glad that you haven't received a rejection yet... I heard that some of those have been going out actually.

Labslave

10+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
kalenakai said:
Just sit tight if you haven't heard from Stanford yet. I'm an April MCAT test taker, and haven't had any updates on my status yet (been complete since early Sept). Like others have mentioned, Stanford is essentially non-rolling, so be patient. And be glad that you haven't received a rejection yet... I heard that some of those have been going out actually.
Anybody have any specifics on how they actually conduct the admissions process? The only thing I know is that they have an initial number screening process (an algorithm that allows them to reject people that don't meet a number cut-off based on MCAT score and GPA), which may be the cause of all of the early wave of rejections. Any added info would be much appreciated...

LuisitoMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Status
complete since end of August... not a word... still waiting :scared:

calvinandhobbes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
temmie said:
FOR THOSE REJECTED FROM STANFORD, ARE YOU AUGUST OR APRIL MCAT TAKERS.
it scares me when you yell at me...please don't be mad, i won't do it again, i promise

Gabi_MD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2005
Stanford, CA
Status
Medical Student
Today, while having thanksgiving lunch with a few of my classmates, we were reminiscing about our SDNs experiences last year. Interestingly, we have a ton of famous/infamous SNDers from the 04-05 application pool....

Anyways....back to what I had to say.....So, I am a first year at Stanford Med, and I love it here, of course.

For those of you waiting, please be patient. Your files are probably are still being reviewed. We have only interviewed a small pool of ONLY MSTPs.

Regular MD interviews start in Dec, for only 2-3 wks, then most of the interviews occur during Jan, Feb, Marc, and April.

Keep in mind, the only interview < 400 applicants.

Good luck with the application process :luck: :luck:

unicorn06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2005
Status
Thanks Gabi! Do you know when they send out the invites for the December interviews (for MD only applicants)?

argonana

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2005
NYC
It seems that right now they're scheduling interviews for January.

I was at an admissions seminar conducted by Mr. Chevez last spring, and he mentioned that Stanford interviews 350 applicants/year and accepts about 175 of these people. (A change from past years, when they were interviewing ~500 ppl/year.) Can anyone (Gabi?) confirm this?

Gabi_MD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2005
Stanford, CA
Status
Medical Student
argonana said:
It seems that right now they're scheduling interviews for January.

I was at an admissions seminar conducted by Dr. Chevez last spring, and he mentioned that Stanford interviews 350 applicants/year and accepts about 175 of these people. (A change from past years, when they were interviewing ~500 ppl/year.) Can anyone (Gabi?) confirm this?

this is true. Note that it's Mr. Chevez, not Dr. Chevez, he's neither a MD or a Ph.D. last year, they interviewed a bit over 350, and accepted a bit over 175...so don't hold on to those numbers too tight..

About the Ads