No more stipend and tuition pay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolslugs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No more HPSP stipend and tuition being paid until congress passes a budget or CR?

Members don't see this ad.

For what it's worth, I got paid today and I'm a 4th year HPSP student. My ADT was Sept 1-Oct 15, so I guess I was considered active duty at the end of FY13 which carried me over as active duty into FY14.

Anyone with a regular stipend want to comment? Originally on Oct 1 we were informed all pay (stipend and ADT pay) would stop but clearly ADT did not so long as it overlapped from FY13.

Members don't see this ad :)
For what it's worth, I got paid today and I'm a 4th year HPSP student. My ADT was Sept 1-Oct 15, so I guess I was considered active duty at the end of FY13 which carried me over as active duty into FY14.

Anyone with a regular stipend want to comment? Originally on Oct 1 we were informed all pay (stipend and ADT pay) would stop but clearly ADT did not so long as it overlapped from FY13.

Welcome to the Air Force. Your branch got a lot of confusing information and was kinda quick to share it.

Here's the bottom line:
1. No Stipend after 1 October (will be retro)
2. No Tuition after 1 October (will be retro)
3. No books or equip after 1 October (will be retro)

4. No ADTs after 1 October

If you were on an ADT that started prior to 1 October, you are part of the "Pay Our Military Act". Which states that any military member on active duty at the time of the shutdown will be paid. So, if your ADT started on 30 Sep, you will be paid through 15 Nov.

Last edited:
Potentially the same situation at the end of this month?
Welcome to the Air Force. Your branch got a lot of confusing information and was kinda quick to share it.

Here's the bottom line:
1. No Stipend after 1 October (will be retro)
2. No Tuition after 1 October (will be retro)
3. No books or equip after 1 October (will be retro)

4. No ADTs after 1 October

If you were on an ADT that started prior to 1 October, you are part of the "Pay Our Military Act". Which states that any military member on active duty at the time of the shutdown will be paid. So, if your ADT started on 30 Sep, you will be paid through 15 Nov.

Hello again everyone. Correct that we will receive backpay when the gov starts up again?

So lets say they pass the budget right away, would that still delay the pay? Or is it pretty instant after the budget is passed?

Reactions: 1 user