1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

No new messages for 3 hours?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by JennyB, Mar 9, 2007.

1. JennyB

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Am I going crazy, or has there not been a new post in the last 3 hours?

2. Catalystik

Catalystik Platinum
    Physician Faculty Verified Expert Verified Account 10+ Year Member

I noticed that last night also. In addition, I was the only "Subscribed Member" listed at the bottom of the page. The usual parentheses after each forum name listing number of visitors was also missing. It was very lonely. If the server is down, usually they put up a notice to that effect, which I didn't see.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NervousNed

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    that happened for me last night, but today new messages are appearing, try hitting refresh, and if that doesnt work, i guess maybe wait a bit, but i know what your talking about and it drove me crazy

4. Karrisma117

Karrisma117 The epitome of senioritis
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    the server was down for about 3 hours last night for "server maintenance" and to update for daylight savings time. i kept trying to get on like every 10 minutes.. it was frustrating lol :eek: :laugh:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lilnoelle

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    And people were posting, if you look inside the threads, the threads just weren't moving around. I'm guessing there was some technical problem that wasn't seen until later on in the night, at which point they closed the site down for maintenance.

6. braluk

braluk SDN Surgerynator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    There were a couple of issues- the slave server disconnected from the main server so while your posts may have been posted (if you tried) it didnt show publicly. However they were saved and when reconnected they were back up. In addition the IT team spent a good deal of time updating the servers for the DST (we lose an hour :mad:). THings should be back to normal now.