No news = any news?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kremlar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, is no news (good news, bad news) mean anything? My apps were sent by AADSAS on Sept 15th and so far I haven't heard a word about anything. I've received a few supplemental fee request (secondaries), but other than that, there has been nothing, no interviews, no AADSAS updates, no rejections (thankfully!!) with the exception of one flat out rejection from Arizona. Buffalo didn't even cash my check, eventhough I sent it months ago, and got a postcard back saying my file is complete/under review. I have seen posts from people whos apps were submitted after mine and some are getting interviews already - its starting to freak me out. Should I call the schools to see whats up? I don't want to harass them, someone on here said that is bad to do. Should I just chill? Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Call them, definatly call them! It's getting late enough in the game that you gotta get on the stick. I wouldn't worry about harassing them. They get it every day and if you want to know what's up, there is no better way than to call and ask. In fact, just say you want to make sure you application is complete and that they're not waiting on you, that way you don't come across as pushy and blaming them.

Beestieboy said:
Call them, definatly call them! It's getting late enough in the game that you gotta get on the stick. I wouldn't worry about harassing them. They get it every day and if you want to know what's up, there is no better way than to call and ask. In fact, just say you want to make sure you application is complete and that they're not waiting on you, that way you don't come across as pushy and blaming them.

I agree, I wanted to call, I just dont want to piss them off and make it look worse for my app, im sure they get a million phone calls about this a day. But then again, its my life so if I don't worry about it, who will? Im sure it's not too easy to get someone on the phone at this stage of the game, but i'll be running up the phone bill tomorrow...

Members don't see this ad :)
Beestieboy said:

I totally agree!!

Man i also need to pick up my phone and give them a call! What's up with not contacting the gold student? (ok, sorry, silver but atleast better than brass... or maybe... i'm the hidden platinum!!! :) )

i've also heard nothing, i called a few schools, and I have to say the ladies answering the calls are kind of rude... I think they are stressed out or underpaid or something so i don't blame them. One example:

me : hello, I am a d-school applicant for 2006. i wanted to know if my application is complete?
rep.: hmph, what's your social?!
me: ..........
rep: no! it's being processed, so right now I can't say anything,
me : But if it's being processed, does it mean it's complete?
rep: NO! we'll let you know by mail!
me: ok? thankyou for your help.

vaio said:
i've also heard nothing, i called a few schools, and I have to say the ladies answering the calls are kind of rude... I think they are stressed out or underpaid or something so i don't blame them. One example:

me : hello, I am a d-school applicant for 2006. i wanted to know if my application is complete?
rep.: hmph, what's your social?!
me: ..........
rep: no! it's being processed, so right now I can't say anything,
me : But if it's being processed, does it mean it's complete?
rep: NO! we'll let you know by mail!
me: ok? thankyou for your help.

no news is good news.

VegasBabyVegas said:
no news is good news.

Vegas, you still think no news is good news even without any interviews???
I could understand not hearing from the schools if I had gone on a few interviews already (then i'd wanna hear from them after dec 1st...)

good news for people who like bad news

Kremlar said:
Vegas, you still think no news is good news even without any interviews???
I could understand not hearing from the schools if I had gone on a few interviews already (then i'd wanna hear from them after dec 1st...)

Just thought i'd update all of you, I am in the process of calling the schools and for those of you who applied to UConn, they told me they are still interviewing and will be until LATE Jan...

"no news is good news" is merely referring to not getting a flat rejection yet. Its good news because you havnt been rejected, def not good otherwise. But that's what I keep telling myself.... :scared:

IcemanDDS said:
"no news is good news" is merely referring to not getting a flat rejection yet. Its good news because you havnt been rejected, def not good otherwise. But that's what I keep telling myself.... :scared:

thank you for having a brain. If schools you have applied to have already sent out rejection letters to people...and you didn't get one yet....and you don't have an interview yet....hhhhmmmm...is that bad?.... it ain't angle ranking people!!!!