no news..good news?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to 30 programs, have 7 interviews and have gotten 5 rejections. Most of my top programs have yet to give any news. How much hopeful time do I have left? I mean I haven't gotten flat out rejected from the other 18 programs yet but what has been the latest that someone has recieved an interview from a program? Thanks to any responders

doc1

Members don't see this ad.

If you browse the interview list you can see which programs have sent out invitations. If you haven't heard from those programs it's possible you are on the wait list. For example, UF Jacksonville sent out the first round of invitations weeks ago. I just got my invite today. Apparently if you call, the residency coordinator will let you know where your application stands.

Based on other posts it doesn't appear that some programs have even sent out invitations to interview. I'm still waiting to hear from UCLA Harbor, Kern, UCSF Fresno, and UCSD.

yeah...i recently spoke with an EM intern, who matChed well, and he informed me that most of his interviews came the week after thanksgiving...so I'm hoping, as gary gnu one sorta opined, no news is good news