No News = Good News?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tothepark

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am heavily relying on the old saying that "no news is good news" Out of 10 schools I applied to, I have 1 rejection, and 1 interview invite (very thankful). Just out of curiosity are there many people in my situation? Anybody have 0 invites?

Members don't see this ad.

I am heavily relying on the old saying that "no news is good news" Out of 10 schools I applied to, I have 1 rejection, and 1 interview invite (very thankful). Just out of curiosity are there many people in my situation? Anybody have 0 invites?

Depends on what 8 schools are left on your list. Some schools interview into March. But generally, I wouldn't hold your breathe unless you have great stats.

No news = usually bad news at this point. You should be happy you at least had 1 interview so there's a chance you'll get in even after interviews are done.

I think its almost important to note that I applied extremely late (mid-late november) due to financial reasons.

Members don't see this ad :)
i applied in early september, and i haven't gotten an invite yet. i'm hoping the academic update will help me out

I think its almost important to note that I applied extremely late (mid-late november) due to financial reasons.

Well if you applied late and have good stats, you still have another month to hear back from schools for interviews. Just be patient for now

good luck to you, sorry to hear you applied late due to finances. Unfortuantely. schools care about when you apply vs. what you apply with. So hopefully you'll get at least one acceptance, but I wouldnt hope for the best nor should you expect to get into your top choice.

:(

On the same boat as you. Schools didn't receive my application until late November.

At least you got an interview from a state school. I'm jealous lol

Don't lose hope... at the same time don't expect too much.