No News is _______ News

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XZeRO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was in the 7/2 mailing and I haven't heard anything. My applications are all complete, and have been for several months now. On AADSAS, everything is either "received, under review" or "received, application complete".

Should I remain optimistic or should I start working on my application for 2012?

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the 7/2 mailing and I haven't heard anything. My applications are all complete, and have been for several months now. On AADSAS, everything is either "received, under review" or "received, application complete".

Should I remain optimistic or should I start working on my application for 2012?

im in the same boat as you. I think we should just keep hope because a lot of schools haven't even sent out invites yet

Yeah unfortunately Canadian applicants are held to a much higher standard as you probably know by now. Did you contact any schools about their statistics regarding Canadian matriculates? I would be interested to see to what kind of standards you guys are held in the whole admissions process. Keep you head up. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you contact any schools about their statistics regarding Canadian matriculates? I would be interested to see to what kind of standards you guys are held in the whole admissions process. Keep you head up. ;)

To best of my knowledge when it comes to private schools like USC, Western, Tuft, Boston and ... There is a ZERO difference between Canadian Student and a US citizen.

I be interested to see if anyone else has information and source that says otherwise.

Last edited:
OP: You will be fine, give it time. Don't worry.

As a Canadian, I faced no 'higher standards' during the application process last year. I felt like I was treated the same as all the other applicants that I met at my interviews were, and was fortunate to be accepted to a number of great schools.

Keep watching the SDN. Start to get nervous when ALOT of people from a school you're interested in get invites and you aren't. But even then, schools send out invites in waves it seems like so it isn't over until you get that rejection.

I'm in the same boat as you dude...really getting nervous now. Feels like the 1000$ spent applying for d-schools has just gone down the drain when everybody else has started getting interviews at the same schools that I applied to =/

Keep watching the SDN. Start to get nervous when ALOT of people from a school you're interested in get invites and you aren't. But even then, schools send out invites in waves it seems like so it isn't over until you get that rejection.

This makes me feel a little better :rolleyes:

I haven't heard anything yet either. It just sucks waiting but like I've said before I feel like maybe no news can be good news. Keep your head up. I know how hard that is to do but you got to do it!!!

I know how hard that is to do but you got to do it!!!

The hard part isn't that we got to do it. It's that there is nothing we can do. We can only wait and literally, do nothing.

To best of my knowledge when it comes to private schools like USC, Western, Tuft, Boston and ... There is a ZERO difference between Canadian Student and a US citizen.

I be interested to see if anyone else has information and source that says otherwise.

I do not agree. All those schools consider US students over the Canadians.

Private schools ? Really? I was not aware of that.

Can you please share with us your source ?

I personally talked to few of these schools myself and this is what they told me but the person answering the phone may have not been that informed or I may have not expressed my question the right way and ... So I be curious to know what your source is.

Thank you

Last edited:

i wish it was written in some constitution or something that private schools shalt not discriminate based on sex, race, gender or ....nationality :laugh: