1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

No on site class available, should I take the MCAT Advantage - Anywhere?

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum (Sponsored)' started by vincy0320, Sep 3, 2014.

1. vincy0320

2+ Year Member

I will have my MCAT on Nov 7th, I was planning to take the MCAT Advantage on site class in Seattle, and they canceled it. Now, there is no on site class that will be finished before my MCAT. Is the online one good? Or any other advice?

Thank you!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. j9260

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I personally like the online class way more than the on site one because I have access to so many more helpers. In my class, I have two TAs along with my professor. I do like the atmosphere a lot more with online because there's no peer pressure to avoid asking questions in the middle of the class or to rush out of class right when the hour strikes. You can privately chat with one of the TAs during class, you can comfortably ask the instructors questions after class without feeling rushed for the most part, and there's so much more participation from everyone during class; whereas for onsite, I found that whenever an instructor asked a question, more often than that, no one answered because we were all too intimidated to call out the wrong answer.

The only negative I would say for me with online class is that I found it easier to be distracted during class than when I took the onsite class, so that's a personal discipline thing that you might have to consider.

Both types of classes definitely have their pros and cons, but I personally favor the online one much more.