Nov 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I did, still going through their application process. I did not find any observation hours requirement though which I found strange.

OP
S
Nov 12, 2009
Status
I did, still going through their application process. I did not find any observation hours requirement though which I found strange.

Yes, I don't think they have specific requirement regarding observation hours.
However, I've volunteered in 2 types of rehab centers for more than 150 hours and then put them on my resume. Hopefully it helps.

Nov 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Yes, I don't think they have specific requirement regarding observation hours.
However, I've volunteered in 2 types of rehab centers for more than 150 hours and then put them on my resume. Hopefully it helps.

Good call, I'll put my observation hours on my resume as well.

Oct 29, 2010
Status
DPT / OTD
I applied to USC for early admissions. When I went to the information session, they said that they would let us know within four weeks of when you turn in your application. That would be next week for me! So hopefully I hear some good news. :xf: Did you apply for early admissions?

OP
S
Nov 12, 2009
Status
Yes, I applied to early decision. I was told by Sarah that I would be notified by 01/01/2011.

Feb 12, 2011
Status
Other Health Professions Student
I applied to USC MOT program. I didn't do early decision but I found out about a week and half ago that I got in!

Feb 11, 2011
Status
Rehab Sci Student
congrats on getting into usc! when did you turn in your application? i'm still anxiously awaiting to hear from usc.

Feb 12, 2011
Status
Thanks! I turned mine in right before Christmas I believe, definitely before New Year's. Good luck!!

Feb 11, 2011
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I got in via early decision; anyone looking for a roommate? I am moving cross-country from Philadelphia and have never been to L.A. :confused:

Feb 25, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Hey everyone!

I applied to USC early decision and got an acceptance right before Christmas :) Very excited to start... Anyone else hear back yet?

Feb 25, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Do you know what your doing about your living situation yet, OTob?

Hi floridagator07 :)
I live pretty close to campus (~25 min with traffic) so I'm pretty sure I'll stay at home since it's so expensive already... I hear living at the OT house is pretty convenient though. If you want to talk more PM me. I don't know anyone in the program yet!

Sep 1, 2010
Ohio, CA
Status
Rehab Sci Student
Has anyone heard from USC outside of early admissions?
I did yesterday. I did not get in but the letter was very nice. I'm not too disappointed, from what I know they received a considerable amount of applications just like everywhere else.

Sep 1, 2010
Ohio, CA
Status
Rehab Sci Student
I still got nothing yet~~~:(
I think it may be a good thing if you haven't heard. I assume they send out the denials, and continue with reviews of the final applications that meet what they are looking for. They throw some out some more, waiting list some and finally send out acceptances.
Sarah had told me they were running a bit behind back in Feb. Good luck!!!
:)

OP
S
Nov 12, 2009
Status
Sarah told me that I would be hearing from them either later this week or very early next week. I hope it is not a bad news~~:confused:

Mar 12, 2011
Status
I'll keep waiting then :) My application was late because of a snafu with the otcas system... not my favorite way to apply! I was accepted to University of St Augustine in San Marcos so I am pretty excited about that.
Good luck everyone!

FutureOT2013

Occupational Therapist
7+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Status
Occupational Therapist
I was accepted to USC a few days ago, really would like to go but still weighing the financial situation. Taking bribes from anyone on the waitlist! jk.:D

Mar 12, 2011
Status
I got a letter today for the waitlist. Does anyone know how many people they put on the waitlist?

Jan 19, 2011
Status
I'm wait listed too! thank you sweet baby jesus. But I wonder how many people are on the wait list. For the people accepted, when do you have to turn in your deposit or commit to your acceptance?

guamsaipan

7+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
on the waitlist too. seems like the number of people on the waitlist is huge. i'll have my name removed as i've been accepted to UIC :)