No one ever seems to say much about Philly programs....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr1216

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
.....outside of UPenn. I've done searches and there's barely anything. Out of curiosity, is there a reason why? If not, please share your thoughts on any.

Members don't see this ad.

.....outside of UPenn. I've done searches and there's barely anything. Out of curiosity, is there a reason why? If not, please share your thoughts on any.

Not sure why, but the reason is probably multifactorial. Perhaps people who interviewed at less competitive programs overestimate the probability of being identified and selected for retaliation and are therefore more skittish about publicly posting their reviews on SDN. Perhaps people who interviewed at Penn are more likely to post their reviews because it provides them with an opportunity to indirectly boast about being selected to interview at a more competitive program -- or, maybe they have more time on their hands or are more interested in contributing to the usefulness of SDN as a resource for future applicants. Who knows?

In any case, please keep your own question in mind a year from now and consider posting your reviews of the programs where you interview in the fall & winter. (This year, few returned to the interview review thread to post their thoughts after Match Day. DocHolliday21 was a notable exception.)

Members don't see this ad :)
While Philly does have good programs, it's an area that's seen better days. The quality of life in the area does matter. Philadelphia's not a terrible place, but if you have the entire country to choose from (E.g. Arizona, San Diego, Chicago, etc), unless there's very good reason to go to Philly.....

Dumb question, but where are you guys finding these reviews? Do you just mean when someone replies in a thread on Allo or here on Psychiatry? I have been told SDN has reviews of programs but does it have an organized database like scutwork.com?

*Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed the link at the top bar: http://www.studentdoctor.net/interview-feedback/

Both/and. The interview feedback link is a repository, but people also create new threads. The link in my post points to one example:

(This year, few returned to the interview review thread to post their thoughts after Match Day. DocHolliday21 was a notable exception.)

Both/and. The interview feedback link is a repository, but people also create new threads. The link in my post points to one example:
Also check this thread about how to research programs. In addition to the Interview Feedback from this year (which is slightly anemic), the link also contains links to the past few years of Interview Feedback. Last year's review of Acme is very helpful, even if it's last years.