No picture uploaded into ERAS = No interviews?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

breezethrusd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like such an idiot...
I sent my photo to my Dean's office and was told it was not the right file size. I completely forgot to resize and send it back to them.

My entire app was complete and submitted on Sept 16th. Im applying to ophtho via SFmatch and only used ERAS to apply to prelim medicine programs. I haven't received a single prelim medicine invite yet!
I already have 4 ophtho invites but none for my prelim year. I uploaded my pic today and am freaking out. Should I call programs and let them know I made a mistake with my app initially? Is my app seen as incomplete or discarded because theres no pic?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm in the general match and from what I understand, picture doesn't play much of a role in interview offers. (I think they use it later on when they rank candidates.) I didn't have mine uploaded until a week ago and got interview offers before then.

I feel like such an idiot...
I sent my photo to my Dean's office and was told it was not the right file size. I completely forgot to resize and send it back to them.

My entire app was complete and submitted on Sept 16th. Im applying to ophtho via SFmatch and only used ERAS to apply to prelim medicine programs. I haven't received a single prelim medicine invite yet!
I already have 4 urology invites but none for my prelim year. I uploaded my pic today and am freaking out. Should I call programs and let them know I made a mistake with my app initially? Is my app seen as incomplete or discarded because theres no pic?

huh?

to answer your question though pic is not required

worse case scenario you can easily scramble into a surgery prelim spot... But likely programs haven't really started looking too heavily at prelim. If you're worried apply to more places.