no prelim/rejections with invites from speciality

Discussion in 'Internship' started by digimon, Nov 4, 2002.

1. digimon

digimon Member

Attending Physician
    i have a quick question. i've recently started getting multiple invitations from my subspecialty application (radonc) but have yet to hear from most of my preliminary programs. in fact, today i recieved a rejection letter from an IM program from where i've scheduled a specialty interview:confused: ideally i would like to do my prelim at the same school as my radonc. is it prudent to call/email the prelim directors to tell them my situation. what can i do? thanks for the advice.

digimon

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Instead of contacting the prelim directors, you could also see if the RadOnc program has spots saved for internships. Try asking the residents and/or PD when you interview there. Baylor, for instance, will save spots in their TY program for Rads, Derm, PM&R, Anesthesia, and probably RadOnc too. I have friends who were offered spots at Columbia for internship as well. If they don't have agreements with the TY/Prelim programs and they want you, I'm sure they can get you a spot.

4. digimon

digimon Member

Attending Physician
    thanks for the advice stinky tofu. i'll give it a shot.

-digimon