MD No research during Covid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catdragon9

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I'm new here. I'm a third-year biology/english double major at Case Western Reserve University, my GPA is 3.5. I have research at the NIH from the summer before college, with my name on their research paper, and I worked at a biotech company for a few months writing a grant for their vaccine, I feel like I don't have enough. I was going to research somewhere last summer, but the PI's lab had to shut down because of COVID, and this summer she's still not allowed to take in new interns. I feel like everywhere I want to apply in my area isn't letting people in due to COVID, and it's really disheartening. I also can't get observation hours in hospitals, and am only able to do "virtual shadowing" through my college's shadowing club. Do you think medical schools will be understanding of the fact that we went through a global pandemic, and so were unable to work places, or do you think a gap year would be helpful? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.