No response from "Henry Ford", is this not good ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kemc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been interview at about 12 places and have been in constant contact with PD of 3 programs, however i liked the Henry Ford's FM program but have not heard anything from the PD. Is this not a good thing for me ??? should i rank it high or not ??? I also have heard that some PD don't communicate after interviews. Any one have experienced the same situation, specially about Henry Ford ????
I appreciate any input!

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea if this means that Henry Ford likes you or not.

However, I do know that this should play no role in your ranking decision. You should rank the programs in the order you want, regardless of how much you think they like you.

For example: Let's assume that this is really bad news, and Henry Ford doesn't like you. In fact, they decide not to rank you at all.

Let's assume that your #2 choice is MBH (That's Man's Best Hospital, for those House of God fans out there). They love you. They're ranking you #1.

So, you submit an ROL that is #1: Henry Ford, #2 MBH.

You obviously don't match into your #1 spot, as they didn't rank you at all. The important part is this: No matter what else happens in the match, no matter how many other people rank MBH #1, YOU WILL MATCH INTO MBH.

You cannot, cannot, cannot be hurt in the match by ranking programs highly that you have no chance of getting into.

In fact, if you take your rank list and add #1 John's Hopkins and #2 Mass General (pushing all your ranks down by 2) even though you didn't apply/interview there, your match result will be EXACTLY the same.

This is so important to understand. It's what makes the match work.

So, to your issue, you should rank Henry Ford highly if you like it and would want to be there. Forget about what you think they think of you. It's immaterial to the match.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.