Quantcast

no responses so far. :( and need advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plzdental

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
it was my first time applying ( well in year 2008, i applied but didn't send money to school so.. ) and i've submitted my application late.. (september)
however, i've already taken DAT twice..
my scores were
PAT 19 → 22
QR 15→ 16
RC 17 → 18
Bio 18 → 19
GChem 19 → 18:(
OChem 19 →22
TS 19 → 20
AA 18→ 19

my GPA is
Total 3.35
BPS 3.03

I did shadowing, volunteering and i've graduated may 2009.

so far, i didn't get any responses from any school i applied and I came up with 2 options
1) do post-bac program and re-apply later
2) re-take DAT and re-apply this cycle

I need some advice to make decision! please help me!
and I have one more question to ask,
If i were to re-apply this coming cycle, can i use the same LOR that i used to apply last year? I mean I've already graduated and the LORs were from my last year's professors. I really don't know what to do here if they want the new letters everytime re-apply.
and What about Personal statement? do I have to re-write it everytime when i re-apply?

Thank you so much in advance!

Last edited:

teef

Reaction score
Your GPA is low so I would do a post-Bacc.

jj007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend that you retake your DAT. A score of 20TS, 19AA, and 22PAT is not bad. People have gotten in with worst score. Your GPA is a bit low, but it is not that bad.

Doing a MS and doing it well will show the adcom that you can handle the workload. You should also continue volunteering and shadowing.

As for LORs, you will need to ask your professors to resubmit for each cycle. The personal letter can be used again; however, you should update it with things that you have done recently (postbac, etc).

BTW, how many schools did you apply to and when did you apply?

Parvaz

Reaction score
I m pretty much in your situation too my oGPA is 3.3 and my sGPA is 3.1
DAT AA:18 TS:20 PAT:22 I was thinking of doing post bacc but its a little costly so I thought I can just take some science classes at a local college, dont know if its still gonna be as effective ?! I got a call from detroit mercy last week asking me if i would retake my DAT because of my low QR which is by the way 14 :( (dont really know what happened there) SO I dont know what to do either! I m still keeping my hopes up for this cycle
since NYU interviews thru march and detroit mercy said they interview till june