No secondaries yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josh219

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I submitted my AMCAS application in early July (the end of the first week) and so far have only received 3 secondaries, I applied to 15 schools all of which have secondaries. I was wondering if this is normal to have to wait this long to get sent the secondaries, my AMCAS still hasn't been verified either so are these schools just waiting for that to happen? Thanks I am just starting to get nervous because my goal was to get done with all my secondaries before I got back to school.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I submitted my AMCAS application in early July (the end of the first week) and so far have only received 3 secondaries, I applied to 15 schools all of which have secondaries. I was wondering if this is normal to have to wait this long to get sent the secondaries, my AMCAS still hasn't been verified either so are these schools just waiting for that to happen? Thanks I am just starting to get nervous because my goal was to get done with all my secondaries before I got back to school.

It depends on the school but a lot of places wait until you are verified.

It depends on the school but a lot of places wait until you are verified.

+1

In the meantime, you can look at the School Specifics threads and find the prompts for the schools whose secondaries you haven't received. There's no harm in getting started on the essays so you'll be able to submit ASAP once you've received the formal invitation.