No secondary, mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogetter898

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If a school has no secondary, then “be complete before mid September” doesn’t apply so what date should one aim for? Would a later mcat be worse for these schools with no secondary since a lot of students are complete once a primary is transmitted ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have a MCAT score? I saw you are taking it mid August but is that the first time or a retake?
Retake so I’m waiting until I have the score to apply at all...is mid August late if I prewrite secondaries after mcat until I have my score? Will secondaries reach me fast enough for me to turn them around before end of September

Do not apply until you have an MCAT score in hand. Only exception is the throwaway school to get verified.
I’m applying to a throwaway school. I took a practice test today and didn’t get a score I liked. It’s 510+ so it would b ok but I am aiming to score 515+...if I move my test date to August 15 would that be late or out me at a disadvantage

Retake so I’m waiting until I have the score to apply at all...is mid August late if I prewrite secondaries after mcat until I have my score? Will secondaries reach me fast enough for me to turn them around before end of September

What was your first score?
So you’ll have your score end of August?
No way to know how fast secondaries will reach you. Some will be sent very quickly and some might take awhile. And this year there is absolutely no way of knowing. Just go with the flow. Don’t retake the test until you are scoring at or above your target goal on 3 FL practice tests.
Why did you wait so long to do this retake?

What was your first score?
So you’ll have your score end of August?
No way to know how fast secondaries will reach you. Some will be sent very quickly and some might take awhile. And this year there is absolutely no way of knowing. Just go with the flow. Don’t retake the test until you are scoring at or above your target goal on 3 FL practice tests.
Why did you wait so long to do this retake?
My initial test date got cancelled bc if the virus. I was not able to get a new date until later and am now scheduled for July 31 but want to move it to August 15 w a score release of sept 1...would that be too late for this cycle or put my at a disadvantage

Under normal conditions it is strongly recommended that your application file be marked complete at all schools you have applied to by Labor Day. This would include all relevant documents. This year there is no way of knowing. Just do the best you can!

Reactions: 1 user
I’m applying to a throwaway school. I took a practice test today and didn’t get a score I liked. It’s 510+ so it would b ok but I am aiming to score 515+...if I move my test date to August 15 would that be late or out me at a disadvantage
That's fine for a test date

Reactions: 1 user
Under normal conditions it is strongly recommended that your application file be marked complete at all schools you have applied to by Labor Day. This would include all relevant documents. This year there is no way of knowing. Just do the best you can!

My plan is to still have my whole app done by Labor Day or mid sept as my score would be released September 1...would this be possible?
I’m presenting secondaries After my exam with the hope of submitting them the same day I get them. So I would hopefully get them within a week of my app being transmitted would that work?

Early Sept
Wouldn’t an early sept test date mean an end of sept score release ex: sept 29 that would mean having ur app complete before October would not be possible ?

This is the age of COVID-19 . It's different
When should we aim to have the entirety of our app w secondaries completed by? I thought Labor Day in last, but w COVID the aim was still completion before October?

When should we aim to have the entirety of our app w secondaries completed by? I thought Labor Day in last, but w COVID the aim was still completion before October?
No body knows. Nobody here can give you an exact answer. You can keep asking the same question and you will continue to get the exact same answer. Retake the MCAT when you are ready. Work on the secondaries after the test. There is nothing you can do except to do what you have control over.

No body knows. Nobody here can give you an exact answer. You can keep asking the same question and you will continue to get the exact same answer. Retake the MCAT when you are ready. Work on the secondaries after the test. There is nothing you can do except to do what you have control over.
this.

BTW, deadlines for for rejectees.
/thread.

I am just asking as I was not sure if rescheduling was worth the potential boost in my score. You’re right, tho ty