Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

No secondary.........?= rejection????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by slptodoc, Nov 17, 2001.

1. slptodoc

slptodoc Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I know the school received my application one month ago and I haven't received a secondary application.
    Should I just go ahead and assume rejection??
    Or, should I check with the school in another week or so.....?
    Thanks,

L

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Which school?

4. slptodoc

slptodoc Senior Member

EVMS
    They emailed me in October and asked for my MCAT scores (which I know scared them....) but I was hoping I'd at least get a letter or email of rejection or something, just so I can "move on".......
    I know it's probably silly, but I just keep hoping that I might get a chance........
    I am still planning on taking the MCAT over again, like the rest of the "waiting gang", I'm just anxious I guess........
    L

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member

I don't know anything about this school. Do you know for sure they're screening for secondaries? Very few schools did this year. If you don't know, it can't hurt to call and ask.

6. slptodoc

slptodoc Senior Member

SMW,
    Thanks for the response. No, I don't know if they're screening.....
    I guess it would be surprising since it's such an easy way to make money! :rolleyes:
    I think maybe I will call after Thanksgiving.

I can't recall, are you in somewhere yet???
    If so, congrats! If not, good luck and I'll be rooting ror you!

L

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member

8. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

EVMS is screening. You can find their secondary online if you want to get started on it (I would call to make sure they have all of your material first, though).

They asked you to submit your August scores?!?! I called to ask them if they wanted me to fax a copy of mine to them, and they said no. I was told that they were waiting for official copies.

Good luck!

9. slptodoc

slptodoc Senior Member

Swampman,
    I received an email asking me to email, snail mail or fax my scores. This may be because I'm in state/local.
    I'm sooooo bummed because I was going to try to stop my application after getting my scores but EVMS had already received an "unofficial" copy of my application.
    The rest of my application is very strong and if I'd done remotely well on the test I think I would have a decent shot.....
    Oh well, like I said, I'll just plan on trying again........ but I'm still keeping some hope!

Good luck to you! :)
    L