Feb 5, 2012
Status
Dental Student
Hi everyone!! I'm a new member but have been following SDN for some time...

If you could help me out that would be great! My question is this: I'm scheduled to take the DAT this Monday; however, I'm really thinking that a week or two would really help my scores. Unfortunately, I can't reschedule nor cancel my test because today is a Saturday. Also, ADA is closed until Thursday so no help from them :(((( Does anyone know the policy regarding a no show? Specifically, will I have to wait 90 days to do the test? I'm almost certain I will have to pay another application and testing fee, correct?

Thank you so much for your time :)

Troyvdg

Dentistry not Debtistry
7+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2009
Bay Area
Status
Pre-Dental

If you could help me out that would be great! My question is this: I'm scheduled to take the DAT this Monday; however, I'm really thinking that a week or two would really help my scores. Unfortunately, I can't reschedule nor cancel my test because today is a Saturday. Also, ADA is closed until Thursday so no help from them :(((( Does anyone know the policy regarding a no show? Specifically, will I have to wait 90 days to do the test? I'm almost certain I will have to pay another application and testing fee, correct?

A no show won't count against you, you just lose your money. Yes, you will have to pay another testing fee.

dannybobanny182

7+ Year Member
May 17, 2011
Status

You may have to pay an additional $100 for a cancellation fee after. I tried to reschedule my test date on a saturday at 6pm that was scheduled in two days, monday at 4pm. I forgot sunday is not a business day and so I was left with the only option to not show up or pay the cancellation fee. Then I had to pay another testing fee. Also, if you register for a new testing fee, you must contact ADA ([email protected]) to cancel your first testing fee registration so your new testing fee registration will allow you to schedule a test date. The first testing fee registration application is still active if you don't take the test or til you cancel it.