No Status Change Whatsoever for BUSM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDhopeful6891

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone's in the same boat as me.
For Boston U SOM,
Complete: 8/17, changed to Complete and Under Review: 9/26. It's going on 7 weeks complete w/o a peep from them. People complete after me are beginning to get holds/interviews/rejections, and I haven't heard a thing...

Does anyone know whether they send out apps to reviewers and they have a certain timeframe to get them back w/ a thumbs up/down? That's the only explanation I can think of right now, that my reviewer perhaps has taken a little while longer than average to get back to the Admissions Office.
Insight anyone?

Thanks and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

No idea about your questions, but I feel your pain, dude. I'm in the same boat.

Waiting game is fun, isn't it?

I'm also "complete and under review" at the same time as you. But it's only been 2 weeks since the end of Sept., so maybe soon we'll find out more.

Members don't see this ad :)
are your stats really high? if so, they might be waiting for a letter of intent

I've been complete since the end of July there. I consider it a good thing considering a ton of people have been rejected. Call it an informal hold if you want.

i was complete in early august.....

in september i received an interview offer from tufts and harvard and MESSAGED boston telling them that I had those interviews and that "if the BU admissions committee wishes to grant me an interview, could they please do so the week of ----- as I will be in town that week."

it worked...i got the interview. i would highly reccommend that technique if you are an out-of-stater applying.

I was complete and under-review since mid-August with a below average gpa and slightly above average mcat. They just emailed this am saying there was no decision yet. Someone had pointed out to me earlier that they have rejected a ton of people (look at the official rejection thread) but not invited too many to interview.

I was complete on aug 13th and haven't heard a word, but since they have no problem rejecting people any day of the week time of day, i assume that it's a good thing. I think i may follow the above poster's suggestion and ask for one the week of my Brown interview since providence and boston are fairly close and i live in Philly and it's hard to travel and get off of work. I am really nervous about sounding presumptuous in those letters though, so i haven't done it yet. Good luck guys!

I was complete August 8th and heard nothing from them until today, October 10th. And now I have an interview from them, so hang in there, maybe your invites aren't far behind!

i was complete in early august.....

in september i received an interview offer from tufts and harvard and MESSAGED boston telling them that I had those interviews and that "if the BU admissions committee wishes to grant me an interview, could they please do so the week of ----- as I will be in town that week."

it worked...i got the interview. i would highly reccommend that technique if you are an out-of-stater applying.

That's pretty badass, man. Props. Did you throw out the names of Tufts and Harvard?

Out of curiosity, BigMDT, doesn't Harvard start interviewing in January? Did you ask BU to interview that far in advance? (I'm just wondering if it's worth doing the reverse and giving Harvard a call...)

Wow, all this time I thought my application was being reviewed because it was marked as complete. Didn't know there was a "complete and under review" status.

Out of curiosity, BigMDT, doesn't Harvard start interviewing in January? Did you ask BU to interview that far in advance? (I'm just wondering if it's worth doing the reverse and giving Harvard a call...)

Harvard started interviewing last month.

My status never changed from "complete" to "complete and under review" and I was offered an interview this afternoon.