No summers off in Opt school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Framecontrol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious and a little confused.

Is opt school taught 12 months out of the year? As in, not the same as the undergraduate calender (summers off).

I am getting the impression you are in school 12 months of the year with minimal breaks...

Lots of school.....

cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious and a little confused.

Is opt school taught 12 months out of the year? As in, not the same as the undergraduate calender (summers off).

I am getting the impression you are in school 12 months of the year with minimal breaks...

Lots of school.....

cheers!

Most schools have a summer break between first and second year. However, PCO does not, and ICO is suppossed to be eliminating theirs as well.

Oh wow, ICO is going to eliminate their 1st year's summer break? I wonder if they are going to do that for entering class 2008...
i want to call ICO, but I am out of the country right now :( I think i will email them

Members don't see this ad :)
You serious! I was looking forward to going out of the country that summer.

For ICO, does anyone know why they would get rid of that break? Like are they adding more classes or just lessening our load a bit during the year.

Most schools have a summer break between first and second year. However, PCO does not, and ICO is suppossed to be eliminating theirs as well.

You serious! I was looking forward to going out of the country that summer.

For ICO, does anyone know why they would get rid of that break? Like are they adding more classes or just lessening our load a bit during the year.

I dont' know when they plan to implement it, it's just somthing I've heard. As far as the reason, I believe it is to get students into clinic earlier - similar to what PCO does.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about not having the summer off between the first and second year as of now. Our academic calendar for the upcoming year shows that 1st year students having the summer off. :thumbup:

anyone know if there is a summer break at SCCO?

You don't get any summer breaks after your graduate either. Boohoo.

4 months of summer after 1st and 2nd year at waterloo

We're in finals week right now here at Indiana (be done May 2nd). We don't have to go back until September 2nd for the fall semester if we don't want to! There is an optional summer class that I am taking, but even that gets done mid-June.

Technically, on top of the summer break between your 1st and 2nd years here at SCCO, you get a mini summer break after 2nd year, which is two weeks...I know it's short but it's definitely much needed since we'll be thrown into the clinic right after that break.