No thanks?....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LIguy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to SDN, but while I was browsing I noticed the 'thank you' letter thread. I interviewed at many of the top programs discussed (Penn, Jefferson, BostonU, Brown, BID, and some in NYC), and I have yet to receive a single correspondence (letter or email) from ANY program since interviewing, while it seems many of you have. Should I be worried that I bombed every interview and all the PD's hated me???? Oh, and I did send thank yous out a few days after every interview. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone....?
I hope I'm not the only one that hasn't gotten any sort of post-interview correspondence. I realize that receiving an email or letter may not necessarily mean that the program is gonna rank me high, but still, not hearing anything from any program is a bit discouraging.

i don't think too many programs send unsolicited correspondence after an interview, and anyway, i would be a bit skeptical of those that do.

at least my experience has been that the emails i've recieved have been in response to thank you emails i sent to pd's and my interviewers. that being said, some responses have been more overtly positive than others. however, i wouldn't put too much stock in these emails/letters. my own sense is that most of them are knee jerk reactions at best, and calculated manipulations at worst. to quote my hippie uncle...'never trust the man.'

good luck y'all and keep the faith.

Burt Bachrach said:
i don't think too many programs send unsolicited correspondence after an interview, and anyway, i would be a bit skeptical of those that do.

at least my experience has been that the emails i've recieved have been in response to thank you emails i sent to pd's and my interviewers. that being said, some responses have been more overtly positive than others. however, i wouldn't put too much stock in these emails/letters. my own sense is that most of them are knee jerk reactions at best, and calculated manipulations at worst. to quote my hippie uncle...'never trust the man.'

good luck y'all and keep the faith.

I agree with Burt Bachrach, (heehee). I also received thank you's from programs both in response and unsolicited. However, I would NOT put solid trust in their meaning or assume that the program is recruiting me. I really wouldn't worry about it LIguy. it won't matter a bit in the end.

good luck to you.