No TOEFL test grade report, no application review ⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssquyummigg

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Can someone answer my questions regarding the TOEFL test?

Background: I am a legal resident in US. I didn’t graduate my high school in US, and am pursuing my bachelor in science. The expected graduation will be spring 2019. Recently, I contacted one of the school admission offices. They told me I have to take the TOEFL test ( an English proficiency test for non-native speakers). But then, they told me I have to submit my TOEFL grade report upon my online dental school submission. In my case, I don’t have enough time to take the TOEFL test until late October. However, I will have every thing (other than my DAT ( ready in late August) and TOEFL grade reports) ready by the end of June. And I am intend to submit my online dental school application in late June.

Questions:

1. Did/do anybody have the similar situation? How did you fix this problem?

2. Can I submit my online application first and then update the TOEFL grade once I have them? If I do that, will the admission committee not review my application until I have the TOEFL grade report? And lower my chances to get interview invitations?

3. Any advice?

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! Can someone answer my questions regarding the TOEFL test?

Background: I am a legal resident in US. I didn’t graduate my high school in US, and am pursuing my bachelor in science. The expected graduation will be spring 2019. Recently, I contacted one of the school admission offices. They told me I have to take the TOEFL test ( an English proficiency test for non-native speakers). But then, they told me I have to submit my TOEFL grade report upon my online dental school submission. In my case, I don’t have enough time to take the TOEFL test until late October. However, I will have every thing (other than my DAT ( ready in late August) and TOEFL grade reports) ready by the end of June. And I am intend to submit my online dental school application in late June.

Questions:

1. Did/do anybody have the similar situation? How did you fix this problem?

2. Can I submit my online application first and then update the TOEFL grade once I have them? If I do that, will the admission committee not review my application until I have the TOEFL grade report? And lower my chances to get interview invitations?

3. Any advice?

Thanks guys!
You can't submit your application unless you have taken TOEFL, it will be incomplete
It's not DAT and the score required is usually not very high. You can take it next week, judging by your writing, and be fine.
Inquire in the schools you are applying, usually you can find this info online, if school has program for international dentists. I know, that only UCLA is asking a pretty high score in writing and speaking. All others are 88-98, which is not hard to get

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not a citizen but a legal resident. I applied to ~14 dental schools last year and no one asked me to take the TOEFL test. And I alreday got multiple interviews and offers. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck:happy:

As long as you dream, you will succeed

You can't submit your application unless you have taken TOEFL, it will be incomplete
It's not DAT and the score required is usually not very high. You can take it next week, judging by your writing, and be fine.
Inquire in the schools you are applying, usually you can find this info online, if school has program for international dentists. I know, that only UCLA is asking a pretty high score in writing and speaking. All others are 88-98, which is not hard to get

Thanks for your response:)
By the way, where do I put up TOEFL test score? Because I couldn't find it on the AADSAS website.

I am not a citizen but a legal resident. I applied to ~14 dental schools last year and no one asked me to take the TOEFL test. And I alreday got multiple interviews and offers. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck:happy:
Really? Did you have a degree in US?

Really? Did you have a degree in US?
Only the bachelor degree in the US (by the time I was applying, I was a rising senior. So technically I used to have no US degree then). I didn’t go to the US high schools as well.