SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

no UCI secondary news yet

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr. Don, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Los Angeles
    hey have you guys heard from UCI? I submitted UC supp in august and still nothing!!!!! what's up? how long did you have to wait after submitting your UC supp for the secondary?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 12, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Dr Don I am in the same boat!! I got all UCs secondaries except for Irvine!
    I emailed them back in december and all they told me that they will be sending out secondaries up until March. I think somebody pointed out here, they go down by MCAT/GPA, and I have a rather low MCAT, maybe thats why.

4. Jedi In Training

Jedi In Training Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mailed UC Appl 9/10. Received UCI secondary 10/22.

5. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member Physician 10+ Year Member

Jun 24, 2001
    Like the Jedi would tell you, have patience. I mailed off my UCLA and UCI app on 8/20 and received UCI's secondary on 11/21, but no UCLA yet. It's definitely a crapshoot with the UCs.

Andrew

6. El Jefe

El Jefe The Jefe 7+ Year Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'm probably the exception here, but... I received my UCI secondary on 10/12 (less than 2 weeks after submitting AMCAS). I sat on the secondary about a week before finishing it and got an interview invite on 10/23. Interviewed on the first interview day (11/8) and got sent a letter saying I'm on hold on 1/15.

7. barb

barb Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Sumbitted the UC app and AMCAS apps in August. Still no word from UCI or UCSD,