No undergrad degree?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by solid snake, Aug 15, 2002.

1. solid snake

solid snake Senior Member

Anybody gone to med school with no undergrad degree? Or is it possible?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    Otacon on frequency 141.52, come in snake-

It varies. Some schools explicitly say yes you do. Some schools even mandate you finish your grad program before you matriculate. A lot of schools might say you'll need at least 90 something semester hours to apply, which can basically translates into an undergrad degree by then. Somr just ask for your pre reqs as the bare minimum. Its a matter of checking the individual schools you plan to apply to see whats required, but more or less you're pretty much going to have to finish undergrad.

stop kidding around. Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEE?!??!

mission failed

4. FutureM.D.

FutureM.D. Psychology major

I have visited several med school webpages and although there are some that do accept you without a bachelor's degree it's usually pretty rare. I wouldn't do it after reading the info I've found. Good Luck!:clap:

5. 2badr

2badr **Switch**

And if I am not mistaken shouldn't your numbers be very competitive ie gpa,Mcat ec's...? And that is IF they actually accept applicants w/o a degree. I do believe these types of programs are rare,tho. Check with each individual school to be sure.

6. none

none 1K Member

Possible, sure. LOTS of things are possible. Is it going to happen for you? Almost definitely not.

7. Gradient Echo

Gradient Echo Banned
    Banned

When I interviewed at WashU for MD/PhD, they told us that technically you didnt have to get a bachelors degree; they just required 90 hours.