Quantcast

No upper division biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ultimakey

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I most likely will not be able to take any upper division biology courses in time for when I start MCAT prep. I’ll have chem biochem 1 completed, though, which I hear is all that the MCAT covers in terms of biochem. How much of a disadvantage will I be at with no micro, genetics, A&P, etc? How much of this material will I have to self-teach myself the summer before my MCAT test date?

You might benefit from anatomy and physiology. It helped me a lot. But that can also be self-studied!

You would benefit from A and P, Cell bio and genetics. But those can be self studied at the level the MCAT wants you to know.

I self studied those with a program called Draw it to know it. Super helpful and fairly affordable compared to other MCAT prep.

lalalallala

Reaction score
Sure upper level bio may help (very possible though that it would be a lot of work for few questions) but I never took these prior or after the MCAT. I took the pre-reqs and I took some neuroscience classes for my major, but no upper level bio specifically