No upper division biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ultimakey

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I most likely will not be able to take any upper division biology courses in time for when I start MCAT prep. I’ll have chem biochem 1 completed, though, which I hear is all that the MCAT covers in terms of biochem. How much of a disadvantage will I be at with no micro, genetics, A&P, etc? How much of this material will I have to self-teach myself the summer before my MCAT test date?

Members don't see this ad.

You might benefit from anatomy and physiology. It helped me a lot. But that can also be self-studied!

You would benefit from A and P, Cell bio and genetics. But those can be self studied at the level the MCAT wants you to know.

I self studied those with a program called Draw it to know it. Super helpful and fairly affordable compared to other MCAT prep.

Sure upper level bio may help (very possible though that it would be a lot of work for few questions) but I never took these prior or after the MCAT. I took the pre-reqs and I took some neuroscience classes for my major, but no upper level bio specifically