no word from PCOM and UMDNJ-SOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christinejane19

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have been complete at both pcom and umdnj-som since september. i have called several times and they just tell me "your application is complete, its being reviewed".. but its been almost 4 months..is anyone else in this situation? will they send a rejection eventually, or what? thanx guys!

Members don't see this ad.

christinejane19 said:
i have been complete at both pcom and umdnj-som since september. i have called several times and they just tell me "your application is complete, its being reviewed".. but its been almost 4 months..is anyone else in this situation? will they send a rejection eventually, or what? thanx guys!

Yeah, same here. I was complete since October, but will probably just end up withdrawing my apps. I think their adcoms are really busy right row, so they'll probably get to you eventually.

Same here for PCOM. I havn't heard a peep out of them. I am going to make a call to follow up on them.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is close to PCOM. I would say go to the admissions office,then ask about your application. I think they processed my app fast because I went to the open house and scheduled a meeting to discuss my chances on getting into the school. I dont trust phone calls..unless you speak with an admissions counselor..not the secretary. Until they meet you..I think everyone is a "chart number".

Put yourself out there...the worse they can say is no :rolleyes:

Hey there....

I have beem complete at both PCOM and UMDNJ, some others as well....Not a peep my man. I have heard back positively from LECOM...however this remains the ONLY school to have offered an interview.

I run home daily and check my mailbox....nothing.

I'm hoping for something by the end of Jan...I understand that between thanksgiving and new years not a whole lot gets done....we'll see.

Hang in there....just have to submit to this fact....some committee of peoples are going to decide your future....and there is little you can do but sit there with your check book ready and take it.

Now that i'm more depressed....time for the gym!!
dbuck64

I was told by UMDNJ that to get an interview it is strictly a numbers game. GPA and MCAT are used with a slight favor for GPA. Then they just go down the list. Hang in there.

I think this does help for any school that you show interest in be it a school visit, talking to the dean, or open house. Just an opinion though.

For anyone in the NY area PCOM will be at Columbia University
Morningside Campus (New York City) on Feb 4th. Call the university to confirm because the Medical School Fair was cancelled for this Fall and it seems it was rescheduled to Feb 2006. Mostly allopathic schools will be there. The last list for med schools that would attend the Fall Fair had PCOM and another osteopathic school. It may have just been AACOM was there as well. I forget.

http://www.pcom.edu/Admissions/adm_Upcoming_Events/Traveling_Show.html

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
If anyone is close to PCOM. I would say go to the admissions office,then ask about your application. I think they processed my app fast because I went to the open house and scheduled a meeting to discuss my chances on getting into the school. I dont trust phone calls..unless you speak with an admissions counselor..not the secretary. Until they meet you..I think everyone is a "chart number".

Put yourself out there...the worse they can say is no :rolleyes:

Hey guys, I'm also in the same boat. I emailed and called PCOM a couple of times and called SOM several times to indicate my interest in those schools, but I think those things don't really matter much - maybe post interview, but not pre. I've read on other threads that SOM meets the 3rd Monday of every month, and that this month is a "slow" month due to the holidays. I too was complete in late October/early November.
I heard that PCOM does interview invites by email, and SOM by snail mail.

I haven't heard from either school either. And I have called- and I get the same response, that my application is complete and waiting review.

And the admissions office at PCOM said they do send out interview invites via email.

Dr Trek 1 said:
I haven't heard from either school either. And I have called- and I get the same response, that my application is complete and waiting review.

And the admissions office at PCOM said they do send out interview invites via email.

PCOM's process tends to be slow. Last year I had my apps in by august and didnt hear from them until early december. As for UMDNJ, a few people in my class had gotten in as late as July - so don't fret about not hearing back from them this early in the process.

HunterGatherer said:
DO Sigma Nu guy,

nice bass line in that "prostituete" link. Going to learn it on my bass I just got for Xmas :)

Thats sweet man. I love that song though...its catchy

"youve been with too many guys"