SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

No Word Post Interiew, What to think?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by the nade, May 16, 2007.

1. the nade

the nade 2+ Year Member

Feb 28, 2007
    I havent heard from a school since interviewing with them in December. I have sent numerous updates/ LOI and called several times. What should I be preparing myself for pure misery, wait list misery or bliss?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. eekonomics

eekonomics 2+ Year Member

Dec 22, 2006
    Depends on the school I think, but most schools, according to AAMC traffic guidelines, should have filled their classes by now. Who knows what to really expect though; until you have a rejection in your hand I think you're at least in the running.

4. alwaysaangel

alwaysaangel 5+ Year Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Orange, CA
    MDApps:
    Well if you're going by the guidelines all schools had technically filled their classes by March 30th:
    But because of withdrawals and the fact that most schools overaccept some are probably still accepting. I know a school I interviewed at 3 weeks ago just made decisions on our files today. So its not unheard of to give out outright acceptances after 5/15.

OP - what does the school tell you when you call? 5 months is a long time for them to say NOTHING to you.

5. crazy_cavalier

crazy_cavalier T3-Weighted 7+ Year Member

I'll tell you what I tell most people... no word is not a good thing. No word = bad.

6. DrVanNostran

DrVanNostran 10+ Year Member

Mar 19, 2006
    I didn't hear from an interview in September post-interview. I recently found out that I was rejected :(

7. the negative 1

the negative 1 Bovie to "war crimes" please 10+ Year Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Charm City
    Hate to say it OP, but it's true. Which school is it?