No Word Post Interiew, What to think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the nade

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I havent heard from a school since interviewing with them in December. I have sent numerous updates/ LOI and called several times. What should I be preparing myself for pure misery, wait list misery or bliss?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school I think, but most schools, according to AAMC traffic guidelines, should have filled their classes by now. Who knows what to really expect though; until you have a rejection in your hand I think you're at least in the running.

Depends on the school I think, but most schools, according to AAMC traffic guidelines, should have filled their classes by now. Who knows what to really expect though; until you have a rejection in your hand I think you're at least in the running.

Well if you're going by the guidelines all schools had technically filled their classes by March 30th:
By March 30 of the matriculation year, each school have issued a number of offers of acceptance at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and have reported those acceptance actions to the AAMC Section for Medical School Application Services.

But because of withdrawals and the fact that most schools overaccept some are probably still accepting. I know a school I interviewed at 3 weeks ago just made decisions on our files today. So its not unheard of to give out outright acceptances after 5/15.

OP - what does the school tell you when you call? 5 months is a long time for them to say NOTHING to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll tell you what I tell most people... no word is not a good thing. No word = bad.

I didn't hear from an interview in September post-interview. I recently found out that I was rejected :(