1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

No Word Post Interiew, What to think?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by the nade, May 16, 2007.

1. the nade

2+ Year Member

I havent heard from a school since interviewing with them in December. I have sent numerous updates/ LOI and called several times. What should I be preparing myself for pure misery, wait list misery or bliss?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. eekonomics

2+ Year Member

Depends on the school I think, but most schools, according to AAMC traffic guidelines, should have filled their classes by now. Who knows what to really expect though; until you have a rejection in your hand I think you're at least in the running.

4. alwaysaangel

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Well if you're going by the guidelines all schools had technically filled their classes by March 30th:
    But because of withdrawals and the fact that most schools overaccept some are probably still accepting. I know a school I interviewed at 3 weeks ago just made decisions on our files today. So its not unheard of to give out outright acceptances after 5/15.

OP - what does the school tell you when you call? 5 months is a long time for them to say NOTHING to you.

5. crazy_cavalier

crazy_cavalier T3-Weighted
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'll tell you what I tell most people... no word is not a good thing. No word = bad.

6. DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I didn't hear from an interview in September post-interview. I recently found out that I was rejected :(

7. the negative 1

the negative 1 Bovie to "war crimes" please
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hate to say it OP, but it's true. Which school is it?