Nobody seems to care about UCLA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miravyn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed something while reading the 2004 stats page. No one seems to be applying to UCLA. I thought UCLA was pretty popular and difficult to get in but no one seems to care about it. I was searching for a thread relating to UCLA and there was NONE! I was wondering why? BTW, it's my top choice school and I would love to get in!

Members don't see this ad.

That seems to me to imply the popularity of this website in certain areas of the country, not the popularity of the school. The East Coast seems to be over represented here for some reason. Just look at how many interview feedbacks there are for East coast schools versus West coast schools. Strange.

And there are UCLA threads. Search for keyword UCLA. ;)

I guess us 'East Coast' people just have nothing better to do other than to bum around on SDN all day!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
This is simple! Because UCLA is difficult to get in ==>less people are invited for an interview ==> less interview feedbacks or discussions.

Originally posted by tropicalwind
This is simple! Because UCLA is difficult to get in ==>less people are invited for an interview ==> less interview feedbacks or discussions.

Maybe, but I think I'm onto something with this East-Coast-bias thing. It's not just UCLA that has a low interview feedback, it's all of the West-coast schools. Whuddyasay? :)

This might be a good "poll" question.. Are you from east or west of the mississippi?

probably because 99% of the people that are serious about ucla are busy doing other stuff to make their application look prettier...

Also most East coast schools interview and accept out of state students while ucla accepts primarily west coast so less students interview there.

I personally would have applied if a higher percentage of out of staters were accepted.

I got into UCLA and am very excited because it's my first choice! So, I'd LOVE to talk about UCLA... I also noticed nobody was talking about it :(
Anyone else going? Anyone want interview advice? Anyone already go and want to share what it's been like so far?

I dont want interview advice...I want an interview darn it!

Originally posted by ShawnOne
I dont want interview advice...I want an interview darn it!

Someone needs a chill-pill!:laugh: