Non AAMC Verbal Practices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ak21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have been studying for my second MCAT this summer (I took it for the first time last summer). I am having a really difficult time with finding decent verbal material. I have read a lot of different opinions on here about EK, Kaplan, TBR, TPR, etc. I would agree that TPR is great but unfortunately I took the class last summer and already used the passages. I have been using TBR this time around but I just feel like the discrepancy between it and the AAMC practice verbals are just really large. I know EK is the next best, and I used that last summer in conjunction with TPR, but even that I didn't find to be very accurate. I understand how hard it is to replicate the actual AAMC verbal but does anyone feel as if practicing with TBR or Kaplan almost hurts them in VR? Some of their answer choices I really don't agree with, and I never felt that way with AAMC or TPR. I feel like it'll take away from my confidence when it comes to the real thing...what do you guys think? Should I keep using TBR with a grain of salt? Thanks for your imput!

Members don't see this ad.