non-academic accomplishmet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FionaDoctortoHopefullyBe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
would you consider losing weight and getting healthy a non-academic accomplishment? I was thinking about talking about the dedication, the research into what you should or shouldn't do, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I would personally think so, I've talked about me losing over 100lbs and eventually competing in a bodybuilding show on my app.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Something as dramatic as the above, like from serious obesity to bodybuilding, sure. Something more like a successful diet from BMI low 30s to high 20s, probs not.

Losing a significant amount of weight takes dedication and self-control, and those are favorable qualities. If you talk about how you did it and what you had to sacrifice, you can make it into an excellent story.

If this is a secondary prompt I think its fine. If this is an EC or achievement type thing on the primary/secondaries, please reconsider.

If this is a secondary prompt I think its fine. If this is an EC or achievement type thing on the primary/secondaries, please reconsider.

Question;
Would you consider winning a bodybuilding show? From being obese around 290lbs to be a non academic achievement?

Question;
Would you consider winning a bodybuilding show? From being obese around 290lbs to be a non academic achievement?

I think this is a very impressive accomplishment

Reactions: 1 user

Agreed. Winning a show = EC/award.

Process of losing weight/working out and lessons learned = essay material

Agreed. Winning a show = EC/award.

Process of losing weight/working out and lessons learned = essay material

Thank you!!

I appreciate the input, I have definitely been listing it as a non-academic accomplishment, but some reassurance is nice :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile[/QUOTE]