Non-clinical jobs for foreign diploma in France?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moorgate

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to you all!

I'm from a non-EU country with a non-EU diploma. (not American)
I'm looking to find a better solution between staying in my home country, or moving to France, where my Fiance was born and still living in.

She has a decent job there and makes a good amount of money. Probably my expected income (still in residency) wouldn't be significantly more than hers.

Well the problem is, someone has to move, stop one's carrier and fine another path to acclimate to the new atmosphere as we get married. Her profession is not that versatile that she can easily find a new job in my country(plus the language barrier). We can't be short of money even if only one of us is working, but she likes her job so much; I know she's going to have a hard time, not working, in my country - despite she loves the place.

Whereas I'm not desperate for medical practice for now. I'm very tired of my life for the past few years and also want to try something different for the next step. I've read quite a few posts on US medics seeking for non-clinical jobs in the states as well as in Europe. That was the first thing popped into my head.

Given that we can come back anytime and resume my clinical career later in my life(I know I must prepare for some vaporized stuff by then), the idea of me flying over to France 'theoretically' sounded nice and I seriously started finding jobs.

It shouldn't be easy at all since I haven't got much strength other than a diploma.. (some research experience, which might count for research related jobs)

But it would be so great if I can get any advice from colleagues here.

Best regards :)

+ I'm a French speaker at a level of DELF B2 (hopefully C1 within this year).

Members don't see this ad.