Non dental related internship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ketone

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do dental schools emphasize on just dental internships? I already have a dental internship on hand but there's another internship that was offered that's unrelated to dentistry (liberal arts)?

If I take that internship, will it be counted into my hours of interning when applying to dental school?

If this helps, I'm a current college sophomore.

Members don't see this ad.

This is what you fill out on ADEA:
The internship will be cool, and something that interests you, so do it! Just try your best to get around 100 hours total split between a few dental environments (practices, clinics, dental labs even i found to be very cool..)

TITLE: Application >Dentistry / Shadowing Experience
-----------------
Awards, Honors, Scholarships
INFO HERE

Dentistry / Shadowing Experience
INFO HERE*

Extracurricular / Volunteer / Community Service
INFO HERE*

Work Experience (including Military Service)
INFO HERE

This is what you fill out on ADEA:
The internship will be cool, and something that interests you, so do it! Just try your best to get around 100 hours total split between a few dental environments (practices, clinics, dental labs even i found to be very cool..)

TITLE: Application >Dentistry / Shadowing Experience
-----------------
Awards, Honors, Scholarships
INFO HERE

Dentistry / Shadowing Experience
INFO HERE*

Extracurricular / Volunteer / Community Service
INFO HERE*

Work Experience (including Military Service)
INFO HERE

Wow, thank you so much. This makes so much sense!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interned at a community arts council for a whole semester, was pretty cool... got to watch a lot of films and independent concerts.

No interviewers tried to pick a fight with me about it or asked me if that was really what I was trying to do instead of dentistry :laugh:

I interned at a community arts council for a whole semester, was pretty cool... got to watch a lot of films and independent concerts.

No interviewers tried to pick a fight with me about it or asked me if that was really what I was trying to do instead of dentistry :laugh:

If I may ask, how many hours did you have for dentistry internship?