NON EU looking to study medicine in Europe (France)

thaalouu

Jun 19, 2016
    Hey everyone!

I'm currently studying health sciences at a four year uni in the US. I am of Haitian descent and have a good base of French (able to hold a conversation, have a well understanding). I am very interested in studying medicine in Europe, specifically France.

My questions are:
    How would I be able to take the 1st year exam (PACES) here in the US?

How can I prepare for the PACES/first year exam?

Would I be able to practice in France as a NON EU citizen (eventually wanting to become a citizen)?

I am open to any suggestions and advice about other medical programs across Europe!

Last edited:

MSHell

Deranged User
    10+ Year Member
    Nov 29, 2004
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      you cannot do the PACES in the US. it is after the 1st year of medical school, so must be done in france
      yes you can work in France as non-EU though work options are more limited. Once a French citizen, then all EU options are open.

Reactions: 1 user

thaalouu

Jun 19, 2016
        you cannot do the PACES in the US. it is after the 1st year of medical school, so must be done in france
        yes you can work in France as non-EU though work options are more limited. Once a French citizen, then all EU options are open.

Being that I will have my undergraduate degree, could I simply just take PACES instead doing the first entire year?

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.