Non-jupas MBBS/ MBChB for 2010 Sept Entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwerty2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

This new thread is for those of us who are applying as non-jupas applicant to either HKU or CUHK for medicine for the 2010 entry. I understand most of us are very eager to know more on how to successfully get into either medical schools. Hopefully this thread can be a place for everyone (both applicants or current medical students) to share admission information (statuses, offers, tips... everything).

Work hard, study hard! May our dreams come true!

qwerty2010

Members don't see this ad.

DrPatricia
congratulations!
which uni will u be in? and how did you get in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I am a Canadian citizen and I have a HKID card, and I am applying to HKU medicine for 2010, do I also qualify for CUHK? thanks

Is this tread still alive????

bliss58 I am from Canada too, do you mind me asking your stats? I'll share mine too =)

Hi iRunShow, i'm in my last year of engineering at university of toronto, and my gpa is much much lower than what they would want, and I haven't done the MCAT. I am just applying b/c my mom asked me to try, but i'm pretty sure I won't get it b/c of my low gpa

Hello everyone...i was in the same situation as you guys last year, and i totally understand how panicking the whole application process could be. I was fortunate enough to be admitted to CUHK for fall 2009, so yea...if you guys have any questions, just leave it here, and i could try answer them to the best of my ability :p ...good luck~

hi! i've applied to both hku and cu tooo
but im from hk and currently studying in the uk...
has anyone been invited to an interview?:)

i've applied too and i'm also studying in canada as a 1st year student!! xD haha
I didn't take CE or AL... do you think my uni result is more important?

The online enquiry system is now up! did anyone hear any results yet?

The online enquiry system is now up! did anyone hear any results yet?

i've applied for medical schools in both HKU and CUHK too..

for HKU the application status is still "still under consideration"

making me obsessively checking it regularly...

Members don't see this ad :)
mine still says under consideration for HKU...
is it going to say declined if I am rejected?

now i feel like i hv a slim chance of getting in either one of the schools...

heard that they interviewed some candidates today morning

woww envy you!! so you got an interview offer already?

woww envy you!! so you got an interview offer already?

no news yet................. i'm so worrying about it too.....
but anyways, it's difficult to get into hku........

Really? Was he/she a local nonjupas? To my knowledge, my friends who got interviews from overseas (i.e. studying at University of Toronto) got invitations around April/May and had their interviews early June =S. It's been consistently around the same time for the past 3 years or so...but I guess they changed it this year?

@HKUpsychi: are you part of the department of psychiatry at facmed!? =OOO

so around what time will they send out interview offers this year?

HKUPSYCHI... kevin? still couldn't receive my pm?

Last edited:
they interview ppl in april and june

ya...

Really? Was he/she a local nonjupas? To my knowledge, my friends who got interviews from overseas (i.e. studying at University of Toronto) got invitations around April/May and had their interviews early June =S. It's been consistently around the same time for the past 3 years or so...but I guess they changed it this year?

@HKUpsychi: are you part of the department of psychiatry at facmed!? =OOO

hey guys! basically i'm trying to check my application status online but have nooo idea wht my application number is. how did you guys find out? i actually applied on paper though instead of online is that probably why i dont have the number?

hehe thanks in advance!
good luck with your applications! :)

yeah, when I submitted my application online, there is an automatic email reply and my application number is in the email.
Maybe you should give them a call to check?

yeah, when I submitted my application online, there is an automatic email reply and my application number is in the email.
Maybe you should give them a call to check?

oh cool thanks! hahaa yeah i might do that but i'm too scared like what if they're like "oh i can tell you ur status now! rejected" i'll prolly cry lol. i'll wait for a bit and hold on to my tiny ray of hope. :)

Hello fellow applicants!! We all know how stressful this process is... My friend just got an interview from CU last week... got notified in march, probably because he applied before the early decision deadline... I called the office back in January to ask whether or not early decision applies to medicine.. and she said no.. I guess she got her info wrong as I am still waiting...

anyway... My friend also called HKU the other day to ask about interviews for degree holders and they said invites are sent out during May and interviews will take place in June...

I'm sitting here waiting for a reply from both uni's... very stressed out.. I'm curious as to how many people are applying from the united kingdom, as I am? I graduated with a 2.1 from a top UK uni.. do u think I stand a chance?...

I see that the conversion for GPA = 3.3 - 3.6.... but that is a big difference... how can they compare GPA with UK uni grades?

Good luck to you all,

any replies would be much appreciated!

hii i'm applying from england too but as an undergrad. i think chances of me getting in are pretty small cuz i took 3 alevels but apparently people applying to hku and cu take like 5 :S

so i finally called cu and they gave me my application number yay. i just spent the past hour googling the online app status site but failed miserably. i'm prolly being very stupid here but can someone please give me the link? :):)

hii i'm applying from england too but as an undergrad. i think chances of me getting in are pretty small cuz i took 3 alevels but apparently people applying to hku and cu take like 5 :S

so i finally called cu and they gave me my application number yay. i just spent the past hour googling the online app status site but failed miserably. i'm prolly being very stupid here but can someone please give me the link? :):)

https://www.adm.cuhk.edu.hk/adm_enq_status/

good luck!

I actually prefer it if HKU sends me the rejection quicker ><" that way I can go onto confirming other plans if I don't get in

Hello.

I have applied to both CU and HKU as a non-jupas degree holder.

Interviewed by CU not long ago, no news so far.
Has anyone got offer yet?

I called HKU and they said they would start sending invitations in May for interviews held in June.

Hello.

I have applied to both CU and HKU as a non-jupas degree holder.

Interviewed by CU not long ago, no news so far.
Has anyone got offer yet?

I called HKU and they said they would start sending invitations in May for interviews held in June.

hello, may i ask whether you are now working or studying postgrad?
you studied overseas before?

hello, may i ask whether you are now working or studying postgrad?
you studied overseas before?

yes i have been working for a while.

and i have just got the offer from cu! shortly after my first post.
havent got any invitation from hku yet so i will accept cu's offer.

Good luck to all of you!!! Hope that we could be classmates :)

same here, my still says under consideration
is it possible that we are wait-listed?

no news is still good news =P. are you guys all local non jupas or from overseas? Anyone from UofT?

Finally, check your inbox guys.

I just got an email for 6/10 interview. I guess another date would be 6/9. I am probably the LAST one to be interviewed @ 3:45pm... not sure whether it's good or bad!!! Anyway, at least we could now relax a little and focus on our finals!

Good luck everyone~!!!

oh.. they sent out invitations already?
>..<