Non-LCME/ACGME, non-US/Canadian (Caribbean Medical School) MS4 student trying for Electives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medtissue

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am from a caribbean medical school not accredited my the ACGME nor LCME and I wanted to apply for Electives. Most websites state that LCME accreditation is a prerequisite in order to apply. How do I proceed? Does it mean I won't be able to rotate at the prestigious Top 10 or Top 20 schools?

help

Members don't see this ad.

I think your chance of getting a top 20 school’s any elective is much closer to 0% than 100%.

What school if I can ask?

So I am from a caribbean medical school not accredited my the ACGME nor LCME and I wanted to apply for Electives. Most websites state that LCME accreditation is a prerequisite in order to apply. How do I proceed? Does it mean I won't be able to rotate at the prestigious Top 10 or Top 20 schools?

help

Some schools allow applications from approved international schools. You will need to investigate school by school. But yes if a school requires LCME-accreditation then you cannot apply to that program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Like i tried harvard, my school wasn't listed there, same with most others like Hopkins, umich. I am stuck.. damn I need to do good electives, I don't have great scores for IM. My school is neither accredited, nor affiliated nor approved. Just associated with a small community hospital in the midwest where I did my MS2 and MS3 years. Anyone has any experience?

Like i tried harvard, my school wasn't listed there, same with most others like Hopkins, umich. I am stuck.. damn I need to do good electives, I don't have great scores for IM. My school is neither accredited, nor affiliated nor approved. Just associated with a small community hospital in the midwest where I did my MS2 and MS3 years. Anyone has any experience?

What's the school? Can't help you if we don't know