Non-PBL schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Sorry to post this as I realize it would be best to search and look at previous posts. Unfortunately the search is not working, so this is the easiest way to find the info.
I learn most effectively from lectures, and therefore am planning to apply to schools that are limited in PBL. Some PBL is ok, but I also need structured lectures. Can anyone direct me to schools that don't focus on PBL? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I can't list them off the top of my head, but when deciding which med schools to apply to, the MSAR (medical school admissions resource) is very helpful.. It has a description of every school's curriculum, among other useful info like requirements and fincanial aid. You can buy it from <a href="http://www.aamc.org" target="_blank">www.aamc.org</a>

Also listen to souljah1's excellent advice below. :wink:

Go to the school's websites that you are interested in and take a look at the curricula. They usually explain whether or not their curriculum is organ based, case based, traditional, a mixture of small groups and lecture, or pbl all the way. They are pretty descriptive. I think this was the most helpful method for learning about a school's 'vibe' (for me) and made my choices for what schools to apply to a lot easier.

the msar is great too, but sometimes a school's website will have schedules of classes, an overview of the blocks that you'll take, more detail about clinical rotations, etc..