Non-peer reviewed book chapter and author of medscape article?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lesterfreamon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where would the above go on ERAS?

I'm thinking both would be "Other Articles"?

Members don't see this ad.

You'd be thinking correctly. How is this even a question?

I'm wondering if the OP's question is similar to mine, in that if the book chapter is non-scientific, can it be added under "other articles?" For example, I wrote a short story about an experience I had in medical school. It is non-scientific, but it was published in print as part of a collection of other similarly themed short stories. Would this be worth "other articles" or should I put it in the "other awards/accomplishments" of the misc. tab? Or maybe I should list it as a volunteering extracurricular? And then there is the blog that is published online by the School of Medicine at which I attend. It is also of the reflective, creative writing type and non scientific. This particular writing I've done has had over 8,000 cumulative views and even one piece was linked on the AMA's website. Same question, is that "other articles," a volunteer extracurricular, or "other awards/accomplishments" on the misc tab? I tried asking in the main thread, but have no takers, and I apologize if this is considered cross-posting. Just wondering if I'm in the same boat as the OP.