non-refundable deposits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was sure that deposits at all schools are refundable prior to May 15th, but I was told some schools do not give money out at all? Anybody can clear that up?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The school will state whether or not the deposit is refundable in the acceptance letter. Temple and Hahnemann both said that the deposit was non-refundable and would be applied to the first semester's tuition. Einstein says it is refundable up until June 1st.

Wow that's annoying that it is not refundable some places.

FYI too- I think some schools (NYMC for instance) don't even require you to deposit money until May 15th. You just have to sign a form. That's the way it should be :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm afraid you're not right, Dr. Kermit. At MCPHU it is refundable if you withdraw acceptance before May 15th, and if you do decide to go there it's applied to tuition.

Baylor didn't ask for any $ to accept. They're nice like that. No secondary app fee there either. Good ol' Texas kindness. :)

Um Barin, I'm looking right at my confirmation letter that I recieved from MCP upon the receipt of my deposit that says "we received your non-refundable deposit of $100 on 12/15." Later in the letter is says, "if you do not wish you continue holding your seat, please notify us by 5/15."

Do you really think a school that had as much financial hardship as MCP would give you back $100?

I'm sure they should - it's AMCAS regulation, MSAR book says in MCPHU chapter that deposit IS refundable.