Non Rolling (aka OHSU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsherida

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a new rule, that non-rolling schools have to fill their classes by March 15th. I am particularly curious about OHSU because they put most interviewees on hold? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard about the March 15th date on other threads, but I don't know if it's a rule. From what I remember about OHSU is that they don't start taking people off the hold list until they are done interviewing, and I believe they interview until the end of March. So I don't think OHSU fills their class before late March/early April when they take people off hold and give them acceptances, waitlist them, or reject them.

Per AAMC regulations:
Schools must have offered at least a number of acceptances equal to seats in the class by March 15th.

Applicants must release all additional acceptances by May 15th for regular starting programs (August-Sept).

From what I have heard, AAMC has a bark bigger than its bite, so it wouldn't suprise me to see schools bending the rules.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kick ass! I'm "cream of the crop"! :laugh:

I think the deadline was changed to march 31, but I'd have to check the AAMC to make sure.