Non-Satisfactory on Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whosehousedawgshouse

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize that this kind of question has been posted a lot, but am really depressed not to ask. I recently finished my second quarter of freshman year. Just got back my overall course grade for the first introductory bio course and it was a 1.9 (equivalent to a C). I decided to change the course to S/NS (Satisfactory/Non-Satisfactory) grading at week 7 so now I have an NS on my transcript, but the 1.9 does not show up on my transcript. I will have to repeat the course no matter what, but am wondering how bad an NS (basically a failing grade) hurt my chances?

It was a quite rough quarter for me but I did notice what I did wrong and know what needs to be fixed. The class wasn't interesting to me (at all) personally since it was about evolution and ecology, and my intended major is molecular and cellular biology, which is the second intro bio course and is what I'm taking this upcoming spring quarter. As a high schooler, I was exposed to molecular/cellular biology a lot from some summer programs so I know that I will most likely like the second course better. And yes, I will be working really hard to fix my mistake from this past winter quarter.

My last question is, does the grade from that class count towards my c/sGPA since it doesn't appear numerically on my transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

I realize that this kind of question has been posted a lot,
Yep.

I will have to repeat the course no matter what, but am wondering how bad an NS (basically a failing grade) hurt my chances?
You'll be fine. A single bad grade doth not a transcript make.

My last question is, does the grade from that class count towards my c/sGPA since it doesn't appear numerically on my transcript?
Sounds like a pass/fail course, in which case it won't count toward your GPA. You should download and check the AMCAS GPA conversion guide to confirm.

Don't stress, you've got plenty of time to recover. Just make the necessary adjustments and get back up on the horse.

Reactions: 2 users