non-science honors thesis classification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiring20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i did my honors thesis (led to graduation with distinction/honor/whatever it's called) in a humanities field. it took me more than 40 hrs/week to complete over an entire year (counting summer). i even had to withdraw from physics 2 senior yr in order to finish the project - so i've sacrificed a lot.

now of course this experience is going on the amcas...but how do i classify it? it is definitely of the same weight as the traditional science honors thesis that lead to papers/posters/presentations, but i am afraid that if i label it as anything other than research, it wont have as much of a "bang effect" to adcoms.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

just say like honor thesis research

i did my honors thesis (led to graduation with distinction/honor/whatever it's called) in a humanities field. it took me more than 40 hrs/week to complete over an entire year (counting summer). i even had to withdraw from physics 2 senior yr in order to finish the project - so i've sacrificed a lot.

now of course this experience is going on the amcas...but how do i classify it? it is definitely of the same weight as the traditional science honors thesis that lead to papers/posters/presentations, but i am afraid that if i label it as anything other than research, it wont have as much of a "bang effect" to adcoms.

thanks!
This type of intense project, if it was not hypothesis-driven research, is generally listed under "Other." Giving it a title like, "Honors Thesis Project" with a detailed description, hours of involvement, and resulting graduation honors will get it the desired attention.